- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the roleThe electronics technician team are responsible for a wide variety of electronics assembly and test tasks to support current and future products. The team are responsible for managing and completing their tasks whilst working with the appropriate electronics engineers to validate and improve assembly or test. The team are based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, UK, but also provide services in Hullavington, Wiltshire, UK.
- Managing a team of 10-15 technicians.
- Prioritising work allocated to the team appropriately.
- Assisting in the personal development of the team and undertaking regular performance conversations with the team.
- Pulling together slide packs for presentation to the leadership team when required.
- Maintaining several labs across the Malmesbury and Hullavington sites, including writing, advising on and approving risk assessments for lab work.
- Updating and improving processes to increase efficiency
About youEssential Management skills:
- Experience managing a team of 10-15 people.
- Ability to manage several projects running concurrently.
- Experience of working with external suppliers and building/maintaining supplier relationships.
- Financial management of ~£500k pa spend.
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format to engineers and up to executive level.
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams.
- Excellent team working skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.