- Design and Development
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Battery Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms key technical contribution of the Cell Verification and Validation for next generation battery cell development and realisation. Develop, improve and optimise comprehensive cell testing capability and methodology to ensure all cell requirements are fully evaluated with effective data analytics.
A successful candidate will have technical skills with hands-on approach to drive existing/ upcoming cell testing equipment stabilisation, fixture modification and analytical /statistical data processing to develop comprehensive cell test methodology and data analytics. The role will report to the ESD Application team.
- Be a key technical contributor of the Dyson battery cell verification and validation to develop, improve and optimise cell test methods for cell energy, power, reliability and safety evaluation in a precise and efficient manner.
- Ensure all cell testing meets the necessary methods to gain approvals in conjunction with the product/pack/cell design and compliance engineering.
- Be responsible for testing capability development which involves equipment specification refining, technical discussion with suppliers, equipment installation, commissioning, modification and improvement.
- Devise and set up cell testing fixtures with flexibility and efficiency for various dimensional cells.
- Conduct comprehensive hands-on cell evaluation and share clear summary of the test results with teams on time to accelerate cell technology development.
- Utilise analytical programming tools and statistical process control for effective data extraction, processing, visualisation, analytics, dashboards and report management.
- Create and update documents for cell test methods, standard operating procedures, risk assessment.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience of Energy Storage cell verification and validation technical matters.
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment used in battery cell testing or equivalent.
- Experience of new equipment set up including specification definition, technical discussion with suppliers, installation, factory/site acceptance test, modification and improvement.
- An ability to execute hands-on battery cell evaluation in a safe and compliant manner.
- Skills of analytical programming tools (Python, Matlab, R, Excel VBA etc.) and statistical process control tools (Minitab, JMP etc.)
- Documentation skills to summarise test methods, technical reports, standard operating procedures, risk assessment and RFI/RFQ.
- An ability to work on several tasks concurrently without losing focus.
- Good organisational skills with methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- Understanding of cell design, chemistry and manufacturing process.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to Degree level (Engineering, Scientific based)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.