- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
About the role
- Apply modern control linear system theory and modelling in the Laplace domain to determine the required stability of classical electronics hardware i.e. power supplies, VOC sensors, dust sensors, heater plates.
- Define and evaluate Commercial Motors Control Algorithms/ Technique for the various types of SPM, IPM and Stepper motors.
- Define algorithms to determine the State of Charge and State of Health for future development of battery systems using Model-Based Estimation and Observe-ability through electrochemical-based models or the traditional equivalent circuit models to predict cell performance.
- Resource to apply and establish control theories and systems technique to solve system stability issue and sets performance expectations
- Deliver high quality results in support of control algorithm development and systems requirements to execute function with consideration of safety, thermal performance and product robustness. Identify and resolve design issues; and perform data analysis and generate comprehensive technical reports.
- Assist verification and validation team validation planning, physical testing and compliance review if required.
You should have good knowledge of the following:
- Control System Modelling using (differential equations, Laplace transforms in state space models, discrete time models)
- Design requirements as a control system performance
- Non-minimum-phase transfer functions
- Motor Control Algorithm is an added advantage
What we’re looking for in you:
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations and documentation.
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team.
- Independence, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- PhD in Electrical/Electronics/Control Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working or research experience in the related field.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.