- Design and Development
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Battery Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms key technical contribution of the Battery Cell Quality Control from manual to semi-automated prototyping to meet ambitious new battery cell technology realisation for various product application.
A successful candidate will have technical skills to develop quality control capability for the cells/components prototyping and support product-level prototyping with dimensional flexibility and high quality/throughput from development to mass production. Candidate will report to the ESD Application team.
- Be a key technical quality contributor of quality control for the prototypes of cells and core components (e.g. separator, electrode, jelly roll) for cell technology development.
- Establish quality control methodology to meet Form, Fit & Function of the cells depending on product and battery pack application.
- Develop quality control procedures for prototype cells and components, which conforms to specification/requirement across ESD teams.
- Execute cell build relevant QC work through the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all safety and operation standards in cell build environment are constructed, documented and followed.
- Build a strong quality mindset and relationships with internal departments, external suppliers, industry bodies within Energy Storage team.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical quality information and documentation to ensure accurate QC information are capture, sharing and hand over to other teams where necessary.
- Take responsibility for cell recycling technology from the viewpoint of cell build to ensure circular economy for reducing the environmental impact.
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience or exposure of Energy Storage Cell quality control or similar field in Research, Development or Production environment.
- Working experience in developing and optimising quality control methodology for component and assembly level.
- Quality control (e.g. IQC, IPQC, OQC) experience with quality tools and statistical analysis knowledge such as MSA (e.g. Gage R&R), SPC (e.g. Cpk, Xbar-R, worst case/root sum square analysis, monte carlo analysis), Software (e.g. Minitab, JMP).
- Capable of handling basic measurement tools and operating automated measurement equipment system and mechanical tester.
- Good documentation skills to summarise and update Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Work Instruction (WI), Risk Assessment (RA) and technical reports.
- Self-starter with both good organisational and time management skills to work in a flexible and multi-task manner without losing focus.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion to work for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant battery technology and/or products across the industry.
- Understanding of battery cell manufacturing processes and techniques (e.g. mixing, coating, drying, casting, extruding, laminating, calendaring, electrodes stacking, ultrasonic/laser welding, sealing & degassing)
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project work transfer and engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Degree level (engineering/scientific based)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.