- Design and Development
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Battery Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms key technical contribution of the Cell Verification and Validation for next generation battery cell development and realisation. Responsible for Manufacturing Processes (Mixing, Coating, Slitting, Assembly and Formation) – Cell test and analysis to solve technical problems by clarifying the root causes and suggesting improvement solutions to cell/component design teams.
A successful candidate will have technical skills with hands-on approach to perform physical cell verification, efficient data analysis to identify issues and risks arising from cell manufacturing processes and to validate process specification are synced with/cascaded down from cell requirements. The role will report to the ESD Application team.
- Be a key technical contributor of the Dyson battery cell verification and validation in charge of “Process to Cell” test and analysis to ensure required cell energy, power, reliability and safety.
- Capture and highlight any issues and risks relevant to cell manufacturing process designs.
- Conduct design of experiment and statistical analysis to identify critical failure modes, evaluate root causes, and recommend manufacturing process design improvements.
- Perform comprehensive hands-on cell evaluation and share clear summary of the test results with teams on time to accelerate cell technology development.
- Utilise advanced diagnostic tools and techniques to analyse cell/component prototypes and production units for performance anomalies, identifying design issues, risks and optimisation opportunities.
- Validate cell manufacturing process specifications meet cell requirements based on empirical and theoretical studies.
- Utilise analytical programming tools and statistical process control for effective data extraction, processing, visualisation, analytics, dashboards and report management.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts with design/process engineers, materials scientists, and manufacturing teams to ensure the successful execution of verification and validation plans.
- Create and update documents for cell test methods, standard operating procedures, risk assessment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and industry standards in lithium-ion battery cell technologies to identify potential risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
- Experience of Energy Storage cell verification and validation technical matters.
- Experience in designing and executing Lithium-ion battery cell tests, including rate, cycling, ageing, abuse tests and cell disassembly is desired.
- Understanding of battery cell chemistry, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of test equipment used in battery cell testing or equivalent.
- An ability to execute hands-on battery cell evaluation in a safe and compliant manner.
- Skills of analytical programming tools (Python, Matlab, R, Excel VBA etc.) and statistical process control tools (Minitab, JMP etc.)
- Documentation skills to summarise test methods, technical reports, standard operating procedures, risk assessment and RFI/RFQ.
- An ability to work on several tasks concurrently without losing focus.
- Good organisational skills with methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to Degree level (Engineering, Scientific based)
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-LT
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.