- Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for a talented Senior Engineering Analysis engineer to join our Technology Development team, to support the development of our new floorcare products.
Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for the product performance analysis. You will be working alongside the design and functional teams to create new ways to measure and predict key performance parameters; and ensure that our technologies are up to meeting their ambitious targets. You will use a mixture of simulation, test and engineering judgement to solve the problems that arise as we develop our technologies and products. You will work alongside with your UK counterparts to pick projects up from an early design stage and take them through to production.
About the role
- Identify and manage product and category level challenges associated with performance and resolve them successfully across range.
- Work side by side with the design managers, functional teams, design engineers and claims team on allocated projects, taking a lead role and responsibility for the area of simulation and structural analysis.
- Use experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods and tools to validate our understanding and solutions.
- Support the development of verification and validation framework for the Engineering Analysis team.
- Keep all stakeholders advised on progress and status of allocated projects.
- Mentor and lead others in the area of simulation & modelling.
- Represent the Engineering Analysis team on all allocated project cross-team meetings and discussions.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers and broader cross teams on all levels.
- You will work closely with your counterpart team in the UK; with the opportunity to travel to Dyson’s UK site for project and knowledge transfer.
- University Degree or Master in Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering (other relevant disciplines will be considered)
- Experience in a product development environment
- Sound knowledge in the field of structural analysis (transient, fatigue, vibration, non-linear analysis), material properties (plastics and metals), and injection moulding processes.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, applied physics, rotor-dynamics and acoustics.
- Demonstrable experience of problem ownership, identification and resolution.
- A sound understanding of experimental and validation test methods and processes.
- Experienced in ANSYS Workbench suites including, Mechanical, Fluent, and LS-Dyna.
- A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools, preferably Unigraphics.
- A good working knowledge of Matlab & Python is preferable.
Performance & personal competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate technical details in an appropriate, concise and accurate manner in written and verbal format.
- Demonstrates ability to challenge technical solutions and current practices.
- Display and encourage excellent team-working skills in cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Good analytical abilities and attention to details.
- Ability to generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with the core Dyson values.
- Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of teams and projects in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.