- Product Design, Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Responsible for the co-ordination & direction of a group of multi-discipline engineers working across the technical solutions for our projects.
- Managing capability and engineering resources to deliver design & engineering solutions to specification, quality, cost & ontime.
- An appreciation of all relevant engineering science applicable to our products and understand the interactions between their specialist area and others.
- Co-ordinate and conduct analytical activities which may involve practical experiment, computer simulations or hand calculation to ensure our products perform against specification at every stage of our product development process.
- A key part of this role is to explain findings, conclusions and recommendations of work done to Directors, Heads of Category, Design Managers and occasionally Sir James Dyson in a clear and concise fashion. The successful candidate will have the ability to this confidently and appropriately when called upon.
- Exceptional functional leadership is also a critical part of this role. Ensuring diligent approaches are adopted and world class processes followed in every aspect of the teams’ activity from running team meetings to specialist facilities management.
- Assess technical capability of the design engineering team, plan and deliver growth.
- Assess engineering risk & lead their team to integrated solutions through collaboration.
- Apply theory, data and intuition to make sound design & engineering judgments & proposals.
- A good Engineering/ Science/ Math Degree with expertise in working on motors/ acoustics/ fluid dynamics or structural and manufacturing analysis within a fast growing and robust environment.
- Proven experience in leading and scaling teams in a sustainable manner.
- Ability to apply cross-discipline technical knowledge to challenges/ problems Dyson is solving.
- Experience of working with the ANSYS suite of analysis tools, NX and Siemens Team Center would be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the department from indirect report to board level with confidence, accuracy and appropriate detail.
- Highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Possessing a growth mind-set, you are an engineer at heart, with a genuine interest in technology and people.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.