- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Hyperdimium Motors technology. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass production.
This role requires an engineering leader, who, through strong and inspirational management of the team, ensures the delivery of robust products to time, specification and cost along with the continuous improvement of engineering processes and capability through the development of a world class department. The chosen candidate will proactively seek problems and improve technology development to reduce time to market and improve engineering efficiency.
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing the team in design and management for New Motors Product Introduction and product support of Brushless motor technology
- A proactive problem solver working across RDD/Ops/Quality/Procurement to deliver robust solutions to meet project deadlines
- Clear focus to ensure design solutions are diligently planned and delivered to cost targets with the highest level of reliability and quality.
- Push plans through incisive questioning, challenging technical decisions and risk vs. opportunity balance to maintain pace through project cycles.
- Drive the overall long term strategy across RDD DDM PH in alignment with Global DDM Mechanical team.
- Ensure the delivery of robust products to time, specification and cost along with the continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Develop efficient work process among the various stakeholders
- High level communicator with the DDM Manufacturing team, Global Technology Development team and Product RDD team towards improving new product integration.
- Develop engineering competencies of the DDM Mechanical Team to meet current and future operational and business requirements while coaching future leaders.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the engineering processes, safety, reliability, and quality.
- Develop strong communication links with stakeholders to ensure problems are discussed in a consistent and collaborative manner.
- Provide clear reporting and communication of the product development status, ensuring the relevant risks are clearly communicated to his peers and upwards.
- Responsible for the strategic development of the DDM Mechanical resources & organization to increase the overall technical knowledge base and prepare for the future (to include resource allocation/recruitment, training strategy, cross functional knowledge…).
- Master/s degree or PhD in Mechanical degree from an internationally recognized university.
- At least 10 years experience in developing mechanical design solutions for precision engineering products.
- Experience of managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers to perform design, development and support for motors deployment.
- Proven track record of delivering mechanical focused projects on time and to budget and specification.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering characteristics in real applications including: Appreciation of rotor dynamics and the implications of balance to design and manufacturing.
- Experience of aerodynamics in practical application and appreciation of key design metrics affecting performance.
- Understanding of system approach of mechanical/electrical/control algorithms to deliver integrated solutions.
- Design of moulded and machined components with track record in high volume manufacture.
- Knowledge of simulation tools used to model mechanical systems including FEA and CFD.
- DFMEA design ethos and experience of application
- Change management knowledge and experience with solving day to day problems in both the design and manufacturing world.
- Technical and commercial negotiation with component suppliers.
- Design for manufacture (low cost, reliability, performance, high volume, production assembly and test techniques)
- Awareness of issues related to electronics and a general appreciation of software.
- Component and assembly supplier selection and audit.
Key Skills and Competences
- The ability to work within a MNC, with an English speaking headquarters which develops and produces complete products which are marketed internationally.
- Experience of working within a company which has Mechanical Engineering as its core technology/discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing methodologies, technologies and common issues.
- Good balance of strategic thinking and hands-on problem solving.
- The ability to prioritize tasks according to business need and relevance, and to draw in cross team members as appropriate.
- Excellent communication in English (both verbal & written).
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.