Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
The Global Technology Development department comprises of a diverse groups of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. The Personal Care (PC) Tech Dev team in Philippines encompasses three key disciplines, Fluid Dynamics, Noise and Vibration, and Mechanical Analysis. The team provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.
About the role
The Engineering Manager provides functional implementation and direction for the PC Tech Dev team in PAM. To be successful in this role, this individual shall have a deep technical background in one of the disciplines and must be a strong people leader who can be a role model for our Dyson Values. This role shall combine the problem solving skills of engineering with the managements skills required for a specialist team.
· Establish and maintain a well-defined organizational structure, and roles and responsibilities within team.
· Provide inputs for budget planning, and assist to manage cost within budget.
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
· Responsible for delivery of team's annual objectives
· Establish and maintain resource plan to support business.
· Manage performance of team members to ensure delivery of project and team objectives.
· Responsible for career development of engineers within team, including professional development, promotions and succession planning.
· Responsible for the engagement and empowerment of team members.
· May act as the technical authority for discipline.
· Responsible for technical oversight of projects within team, covering Specifications, Risks, and FRACAS.
· Responsible for approval of critical milestones and reviews.
· Ensure on time delivery of deliverables to the project.
· Stay current with technology trends and identify opportunities for improvement within team.
· Establish and maintain an operating framework for team.
· Responsible for driving continuous improvement of engineering processes within team.
· Provide governance to Dyson process and ensure compliance by team
· At least a Bachelor degree in a field of engineering relevant to one of the 3 key disciplines (Noise & Vibration, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Analysis) or equivalent. Preferred applicants shall have a Master degree.
· 8+ years of experience in mechanical product design & development in one or more of the 3 key disciplines, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
· 3+ years of experience in managing a team of specialist engineers.
· Subject matter expert in one of the 3 key disciplines: Noise & Vibration, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Analysis. Ideal candidate will have experience spanning multiple fields.
· Experience in measurement hardware and software for data acquisition, such as B&K Pulse, HEAD Acoustics, MATLAB, and LabVIEW is preferred.
· Competent in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general. Experience in the UG and ANSYS suite of products is preferred.
· Experienced users in one of the following simulation software would be preferred. ANSYS Mechanical, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, ANSYS Fluent, StarCCM+, OpenFoam.
Technical and problem solving skills:
· Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems spanning across multiple projects, typically without precedents.
· Demonstrated ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument independently, and determine technical path forward for the wider RDD function.
· Ability to integrate company goals across their areas of responsibility.
· Strong organization and project planning skills to manage multiple high priority tasks and resources simultaneously.
· Ability to develop, improve and implement processes, policies and procedures that impact team.
· Able to lead continuous improvement projects using established methodologies (eg. Lean, Six Sigma), and coach team members.
· Ability to motivate and inspire team members.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Demonstrate proficiency in coaching others and managing performance.
· Proficiently communicate complex ideas and concepts, frequently tailoring communication to suit different levels. Strong ability to persuade and influence cross-functionally.
· Ensure cooperation and interaction across diverse stakeholders, often managing conflicting interests and/ or demanding customers.
Extent of guidance or control:
· Manage and direct work directly or through engineers leading others.
· Participate in budget development and assist to manage cost within budget.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
* All benefits are accessible from day 1
* HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
* Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
* Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
* Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
* Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us