- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
he Senior Engineering Manager is required for our RDD office in the Philippines. The office is due to experience significant growth over the coming years and will expand both in terms of people and space to meet the growing product portfolio handled by the team.
The successful candidate will be required to strategically lead the Haircare Design Engineering team through this growth period and beyond.
About the role
The Senior Engineering Manager will be expected to:
- Set the direction and pace of all projects owned by or contributed to by the team, ensuring delivery to time, cost and specification.
- Accountable for all engineering deliverables for each project, ensuring safety, quality and reliability concerns are adequately resolved.
- Manage the seamless transfer of projects from upstream development teams around the world.
- Responsible for maintaining the high standard of Dyson Engineering Rigour throughout the department.
- Develop the Philippines Engineering R&D office – People / Space / Projects.
- Invest in developing the team with a focus on the Dyson High-Performance Culture.
- Embed a culture of Lean Engineering.
- Predict and Allocate Engineering resource appropriately.
- Inspire and motivate the wider Engineering team to deliver together.
- Develop, lead and deliver a recruitment and growth strategy to match the needs of current and pipeline projects for the coming years.
- Manage the local departmental CAPEX and OPEX spend, budgeting for equipment requirements and outgoings of incoming projects.
- Ensure the learning and development plan for existing and incoming staff grows the technical expertise of the department and the individuals in line with the requirements of future project development.
- Develop detailed strategies to deliver the ambitions of the company blueprint.
You should have:
- Recent and appropriate experience of leading multi-disciplinary, global teams with a focus on developing new and innovative projects from VA to SOP.
- A proven track record delivering complex Engineering challenges successfully.
- Experience in recruitment and hiring.
- Multi-cultural awareness with previous international working experience.
- Experience in relationship building across teams and departments globally.
- Examples of significant self-drive and motivation, in the face of difficulty and adversity.
- Examples of leading improvement initiatives across globally distributed teams.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.