- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology. Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
Our Experience Design and Research team are responsible for designing and delivering strategic and tactical cross-category and multichannel Dyson experiences. Setting the vision and creating the journeys that bring our technology and products to life at every touchpoint. Led by research and insights, our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels to enhance the shopper and owner journeys that drive acquisition and retention, using our expertise to continually drive innovation and design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition. We have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business; the last year has propelled digital to the centre of every customer experience, opening more opportunities and a host of new avenues and technologies to explore.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
We ask that you show evidence of your work with your application (e.g., a website or portfolio).
As a Senior Experience Designer, you'll be responsible for delivering the design direction (UX and UI) for multiple experiences across the full spectrum of digital channels. You'll be an expert on platform capabilities and best practice UX principles, have a sharp eye for detail, and an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly designs. You’ll work collaboratively to ensure enhancements and experience projects, be a versatile and enthusiastic creative thinker, and you’ll be a digital obsessive always learning and developing new skills. We want you to be a champion of best practice for design and research principles.
Experience Design at Dyson will give you a fantastic opportunity to work with our teams across the globe in different markets, all with different cultural and geographical nuances. You’ll focus on adapting designs to cater for regional shopper habits – with your goal to work with local teams to create experiences that feel uniquely Dyson. You’ll have the chance to work side-by-side with colleagues in different markets to fully understand their individual needs.
We’re constantly looking to update our design tools and systems, to ensure we can give clear guidance and best practice examples to our design community globally. You’ll be at the forefront of Experience Design, and you’ll have the exciting opportunity and challenge to work on emerging channels (e.g., AR and VR), where we are pushing the boundaries of software and hardware as they currently stand.
You’ll promote a ‘test and learn’ approach and design new functionality and experiences across Dyson’s digital ecosystem that build on our Dyson values. You’ll be an excellent communicator, collaborative, and adept at building strong relationships across multiple teams, bringing together relevant areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences. Commercially aware, you’ll be comfortable with understanding the 'big picture' as well as executing the detailed designs and/or research, able to understand the impact of design solutions on the overall business objectives. You'll manage or mentor junior individuals in the team, playing an active part in advancing the team culture.
- At least five years’ experience within agency and/or in-house design teams
- A strong portfolio of digital projects and campaigns with proven results
- Previous experience creating and executing responsive, mobile-first designs
- Able to design to ‘pixel perfect’ level across several digital channels
- Experience creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, and user flows to bring designs to life for stakeholders
- Experience using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop and InVision
- Excellent design skills and knowledge of insight-led user-centred design principles
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications
- Skills in video editing and animation and an interest in technology and emerging channels such AR and VR is preferred but not essential
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.