- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Our team objective is to “Design and deliver our strategic and tactical, cross-category and multichannel experiences. Enhance shopper and owner journeys, led by research and insights to define the experiences and new innovations that deliver Commercial and Market plans.
UX Research therefore plays a critical part in designing our digital experiences and is a key ingredient in our success.
You'll be responsible for delivering the design direction for multiple experiences across the full spectrum of digital channels. Supporting the global vision for our Dyson experiences through enhancing our shopper and owner journeys to drive both acquisition and retention.
You'll be an expert on platform capabilities and best practice UX principles, have a sharp eye for detail and an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly designs. Working collaboratively with multiple functions to ensure consistency in the executions of multiple campaigns, enhancements, and experience projects.
Utilising insights from tools such as UX research platform Userzoom, you would help to shape the Information architecture across our global websites. Identifying ‘trigger’s and reflecting user behaviour in our navigation and content, as well as working with local markets to optimise their digital experiences.
You’d be expected to promote a ‘test and learn’ approach and designing new functionality and experiences, across Dyson’s digital ecosystem that build on Dyson values such as innovation.
We have a strong culture of learning, where Senior designers and researchers are encouraged to teach and mentor junior individuals in the team, playing an active part in advancing the team culture. With dedicated ‘personal development time’ you would have the opportunity to learn new skills and share these experiences with the rest of the team.
About the Role
- Gathering insights from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources
- Undertaking activities such as card sorting, tree testing and utilising previous experiences of optimising website information architecture
- Create end to end journey maps with focus on personas, their interactions, and emotions
- Work at a global level to understand local nuances and ensure local implementation meets the direction and standard expected.
- A versatile and enthusiastic creative thinker, able to own the delivery and execution of UX and UI activities across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital channels.
- Create low to hi fidelity design artefacts that can be tested with users and used to communicate creative thinking
- A champion of best practice for design and research principles. Set the global standard and continuously push the ambition, ideas, and tools.
- Collaborative and adept at building strong relationships across functions, bringing together relevant areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences.
- Commercially aware, comfortable with understanding the 'big picture' as well as executing the detailed designs and/or research. Able to understand the impact of design solutions on the overall business objectives.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and confident with presenting ideas and concepts. Comfortable with being challenged and in turn challenging others to get the best possible outcome.
- A tenacious approach to overcoming challenges, adapting and problem-solving in an ever evolving and demanding environment.
- Actively advance the development and culture of the team, manage and/or mentor junior team members.
- 5+yrs of relevant experience within agency and/or in-house design teams
- A portfolio of digital projects and campaigns with proven results
- Previous experience creating and executing responsive, mobile-first designs
- Experience creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, and user flows
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Axure, Figma, Photoshop and InVision
- Excellent design skills and knowledge of insight-led user-centred design principles
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.