- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Role: Senior Facilities Chemical & Gas Engineer
Location: Singapore, TBA
Reporting to: Senior Facilities Manager
Responsible for providing technical support and execute to Dyson’s Estates strategies to ensure safe and efficient functioning, and optimal utilization for a specified function or region of Dyson
- Lead a group of technicians in the day-to-day operation of Gas and Chemical distribution in ensuring uninterrupted supply to end user at the required performance level and specifications.
- Plan and execute preventive, corrective maintenance programs on chemical/gas/waste collection system to ensure maximum systems uptime and reliability can be achieved.
- Compliance with safe work procedure, risk assessment, and site established safety protocol for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of chemical and gas distribution system.
- Provide leadership in guiding and training new hires and technicians in ensuring working knowledge is kept relevant and updated to industry standards.
- Responding and troubleshooting on system interruption/incident, in root cause identification, elimination, and prevention in the shortest period.
- Perform FMEAs (Failure Model and Effect Analysis), eliminate a single point of failure and mitigate supply interruption risks.
- Established an effective monitoring, measurement, and analysis system for evaluating the performance of operation and maintenance in meeting set KPIs. Recommend and implement improvement/changes where appropriate.
- Track chemical and gas daily consumption; escalate abnormal consumption to end user and follow up with findings.
- Track system capacity, trigger review and plan for expansion in meeting production demand.
- Manage the chemical and gas site inventories in ensuring supply continuity and in ensuring storage quantity does not exceed regulatory requirements.
- Create new and review existing Operation and Maintenance Standard Operating Procedure and Risk Assessment.
- Participate in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control on all processes involving the supply of chemical and gas.
- Work with various stakeholders in providing detailed design and specification for the installation of chemical/gas/abatement systems for new manufacturing equipment/process introduction.
- Work with various stakeholders in setting up of life safety system for new manufacturing equipment/process introduction.
- Work with various stakeholders in performing life safety system testing, chemical and gas system commissioning /safety interlock testing.
- Provide technical expertise/support to end user and EHS in facilitating safe handling/evaluation of chemical and gas on new processes.
- Participate in change management review for new processes in identifying hazards and ensuring existing facilitation compatibility and meeting the regulatory requirements.
- Support EHS team in internal, external and regulatory audits.
- Participate in the EHS safety committee program.
- Support energy manager in GHG reporting from the consumption of greenhouse gases.
- Digitization on operation and maintenance workflow in improving productivity, data management, and maintaining a ready-to-audit status.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with wastewater, chemical and gas distribution systems in semiconductor preferred
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Science or related discipline or having relevant experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of problem-solving tools, analytical tools, and statistical methods.
- Stakeholder management skill; engage internal & external stakeholder alignment and decision-making
- Calm and effective in any situation.
- Can work independently or as part of a team with various cross-functional departments.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Displays a high level of commitment to responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience in day-to-day operation and maintenance is essential
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Converse fluently in English, Mandarin & Malay
- Travelling is required as this role will be supporting other current Manufacturing site in Malaysia
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ideally including MS Project
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.