- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
The UK property portfolio equates to about half of the entire global portfolio by area. We support over 4,000 employees in over 55,000m2 of real estate in 9 locations including our two main research campuses in Wiltshire. This role is to lead a team of internal managers, supervisors, and operatives as well as external consultants and contractors in the delivery of the hard services activities across all UK sites.
The programme of building maintenance and performance is a vital component supporting critical business activities and along with other estates functions represents significant annual operational expenditure, which supports Dyson’s research and development, retail, office, warehouse, education, and sports & wellbeing facilities.
The maintenance and operation of the fixed assets requires constant attention from our internal team which is supplemented by multiple specialist third parties where necessary. The internal team currently consists of:
- Building Maintenance - MEP
- Building Maintenance – Fabric/interiors
- Building Performance – BMS/Systems
This role requires a team leader, people manager and a subject matter expert. Predominantly specialising in the technical understanding of multidisciplinary building engineering, but also a commercial and contracting expert, focused on efficiently delivering world class facilities in a more sustainable way.
About The Job
- Managing a team of operational managers (internal and external) for the implementation of the building planned and reactive maintenance and performance programme. Developing a high-performance culture through mentoring, training, and professional accreditation.
- Strategic lead with respect to planning and estimating delivery of fixed asset maintenance programme. Plan resources to meet Dyson’s product development strategy.
- Operational lead for building operation, maintenance and performance, optimising delivery, and budget against KPI’s with particular focus on compliance. Drive improvement and excellence in both facility condition and service delivery in line with Dyson’s best in class standards.
- Procure, deliver, and maintain sustainable building maintenance framework via third parties in compliance with Dyson’s procurement and financial governance protocols.
- Commercial lead managing a fixed budget for both Opex and Capex against key performance indicators.
- Contract management for correct delivery with all external parties on time and on budget to recognised standards.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance of building and MEP systems are being carried out in compliance to local authorities/code and safety requirement.
- Be an ambassador for Group Estates Operations, liaising with key stakeholders and senior managers to advise on key strategic deliverables. Always interrogate the feasibility of individual requests as part of the wider global estate driving value for money.
- Act as Estates technical lead for all business continuity planning and events.
- Work with the engineering function to integrate and implement minimum technical standards.
- Subject matter expert with respect to infrastructure improvements and refurbishments in-line with public commitments of the business.
- Ensure all facilities are operated with Dyson’s sustainability agenda in mind.
- Master or Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or Estates Management from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years of working experience in Facilities or Estates Operations job responsibilities, and minimum 2 years of working experience in the capacity of Senior Management job role.
- Willing to work in a dynamic and fast-moving working environment.
- Good experience in outsource management program.
- Highly proficient in systematic problem solving and process control techniques.
- Familiar with relevant Local Code of Practices, including Safety, Health and Environment.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management is an advantage.
- Project Management – Project Planning, Consultant Liaison, Scope Definition and Technical Due Diligence.
- Building Engineering and Operations – Technical Competence, Operational Optimisation.
- Team Management – Organisation, Planning, Mentoring, Performance, Professional Accreditation, Morale.
- Contract Management – Supply Chain Performance, Contract Law, Quality and Compliance.
- Cost Management – Strategic Planning, Cost Flow, Value Engineering, Procurement.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.