- Malaysia - Advanced Manufacturing
Designation: Senior Facilities Manager
Responsible for managing and providing expert technical assurance regarding Dyson’s estates operation to ensure safe, uninterrupted and efficient functioning, and optimal utilization of facilities.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Manufacturing facilities, RDD Offices and facilities equipment to fully meet the operation requirements.
- Manage soft services to ensure all service providers meet Dyson’s high expectation on food catering services, housekeeping, vector control, landscaping & transportation arrangements. To work with service providers on regular cost and services quality improvements.
- Manage hard services to ensure building, M&E services, safety systems, compound and fixtures, and plant equipment are well maintained at optimum performance level. To track equipment performance level and capacity utilization on a regular basis.
- Close collaboration with respective functions for workspace planning, project management, environmental, workhealth and safety to ensure compliance.
- Manage property/facilities related procurement, license/permit renewal, cost management and end-users work requests.
- Responsible for the management of facilities related budget, working closely with relevant Business Partners to design the annual budget and ensure spending remains within forecast while seeking opportunities for cost optimization.
- Provides leadership to others, may manage large teams of professionals, technical experts and/or junior managers. May act as an informal resource for new colleagues
- Perform trouble-shooting to complex technical problems and provide appropriate solutions. To present issues and solutions to upper management for the justification of resources to resolve the issues.
- Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems and Serves as an expert within own function and discipline.
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization and has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function.
- Guides others as an expert within own discipline or identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems.
- Leads functional teams or projects and serves as a best practice/quality resource Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Upkeep the standard operation procedures to ensure compliance to Code, ISO and Dyson’s protocol.
- Take lead and representing Estates team in all collaboration activities with stakeholders and external service providers.
- Responsible for team’s training and development.
- Support other sites work request when called upon.
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable University.
- At least 15 years of working experience in Facilities / Estates job responsibilities, and minimum 8 years of working experience in the capacity of Management job role.
- Working experience in a Manufacturing environment is compulsory. Preferably in the Electronics/Battery industry.
- Proficient in systematic problem solving and process control techniques like 8D report, FMEA, SPC and predictive maintenance program.
- Familiar with construction rates of materials, skilled labor and installation methods.
- Familiar with relevant Local Code of Practices, including Safety, Health and Environment.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management is an advantage.
- Good planning and organizing capability.
- Good knowledge in Facilities equipment and installation methods.
- Proficient in strategic thinking and analytical skills in trouble shooting.
- Strong in Facilities Operations & Maintenance methods, & end-users’ work requirements.
- High competency in management and communication skills.
- Strong team player and able to work independently.
- Diligent, committed and open to new ideas.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.