- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for a senior facilities technician who can augment some of our contracted break-fix items. This individual will partner with and form a collaborative relationship and interface between building management, engineering, and/or those responsible for maintenance and operation of the facility (Building Engineering: including electrical systems, mechanical systems, security contractors, janitorial services, and other various aspects of facility operations). This position will ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, will ensure that building management is delivering quality services and will make sure that all internal customer and key stakeholder demands are being met.
- Responds to service calls and in-house repairs.
- Troubleshoots, responds to work orders, repairs systems and equipment
- Installs office fixtures and performs work in various maintenance trades including mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Follow up scheduled preventative maintenance and breaks down equipment.
- Converses with equipment supplier to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction
- Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts mechanical parts.
- Work with supplier on Aligns, adjusts and calibrates equipment according to specifications
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests of facility equipment
- To send daily MDC facility report after the shift over.
- Oversees emergency system backup (Generator, Fire system, Air con, CDA & STP)
- Ensures plumbing, sewer, water, electrical and mechanical systems are functional
- Senior Facilities Technicians are responsible for keeping utility systems operating, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. Technicians are expected to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a similar Facilities or Maintenance position.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic software such as documentation in MS-Office suite, Facilities or work-order software & Auto cat will be advantage