- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe APAC Centre Of Excellence (CoE) is a Dyson team responsible for maintaining the visual identity and brand reputation of Dyson across the key markets of Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, India and Australia. We are also expanding our in-house film team, who as part of a Creative department, will produce a broad range of long and short form film/video/animation content across all consumer related touchpoints.
As the Senior Film Maker in the APAC CoE (based in Singapore) you will understand our brand, our philosophy and ethos inside out and use this understanding to ensure all local Dyson content and assets are consistent with our global image. You will work with the marketing team to ensure that briefs are strategically right for our brand and appropriate for our business, balancing short term sales objectives with the longer term building of equity in our brand. You will work closely with our production partners to produce films that align with Dyson’s global standards.
FILM CONTENT First and foremost you’ll oversee closely our transcreation partners and third party agencies to ensure global film assets are adapted and implemented correctly through the full shopper journey that Dyson consumers typically undertake (including in OOH, DOOH, social content, digital, e-comm and retail channels). This may require editing of assets to suit the various formats across these channels. Furthermore:
You will work efficiently in video editing software on a range of project types. You’ll work with the team and directly with brief-owners across the business. You’ll work with Commercial teams to plan and execute strategic film campaigns for NPD launches. You’ll shoot and edit footage, shot either by yourself or by production partners across APAC. You’ll create and produce short films from the brief stage through to delivery. You’ll develop a knowledge of Dyson film assets (existing and new) that can be applied to market briefs. You’ll be able to present confidently to stakeholders, rationalising your decisions and how they represent Dyson. You should have the ability and experience to work alone on projects, but also be able to work as part of a broader team.
FILMS for CAMPAIGNS You will also be required to support local campaigns with new film, video and animation content where global assets are not suitable or available. In this instance you will need to be hands on; conceptualising, storyboarding, directing, advising, reviewing and compiling updates on local market work and will be required to attend and oversee any film shoots to ensure Dyson’s global film standards are understood and applied correctly.
You will work collaboratively with and report into the APAC CoE Regional Creative Director and Global Creative Team in Group (Malmesbury UK) to ensure your region is delivering a consistent global Dyson message.
About youYou possess...
- At least 5+ year’s experience in the professional field of film-making, film production, content creation and/or animation.
- A proven track record of film, video, animation and motion work as well as collaboration with people from different disciplines and teams.
- Examples of taking market and production briefs and responding with insight driven storyboard conceptualisation taken through to post-production oversight, colour grading and final output in a range of different formats and edits.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut ProX or Premiere Pro and After Effects software skills.
- A showreel that demonstrates different types of films projects, from short form video content to TVC/broadcast level films as well as project oversight and leadership.
- A degree in a related film, content, editing, animation or motion design course.
- Strong English speaking, reading and writing skills. Additional APAC language skills a bonus.
- And lastly, you should have a deep passion for the Dyson brand and the reputation it has built over time, with a goal to continue building that reputation for the future.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.