- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role is for a senior hands on experienced tv/film producer to work closely with and to support, our inhouse filmmakers (film directors). You will be part of a busy collaborative team made up of several film and content producers, all reporting into the lead producer, working within the Planning & Operations team, based at Dyson head office in Malmesbury.
The film producer is responsible for delivering a wide variety of film content projects, briefs can be globally focused on New Product Development launches (NPD) as well as individual bespoke market campaigns. You will help to deliver interesting, creative and often ground breaking stories about Dyson products as well as the Dyson brand. Coverage will span from initial brief through to final delivery, managing all aspects to ensure we deliver compelling creative, with high production values, on schedule and within budget, keeping Dyson ahead of the competition. The role requires extensive experienced line-producing skills, post production experience, and an ability to work hand-in-hand with the in-house filmmakers, as well as working with 3rd party suppliers such as production companies where appropriate. The role also requires extensive knowledge in production budgeting and scenario planning as the senior film producer will be required to help interrogate and advise other film producers on their production budgets to ensure reductions are made where possible and best prices are negotiated.
About the role
- To agree detailed briefs and specifications for individual projects - interrogating brief owners together with the filmmakers and ensuring requirements are justifiable, achievable and meet the overall business objectives.
- To develop detailed production timing plans, giving stakeholders and colleagues the visibility of such plans and updated progress against them.
- Influence technical delivery methods at the earliest stage in the campaign development process, using credible production approaches based on previous line-production experience and what can work for Dyson in a given scenario.
- To contract external crew and kit, undertake logistics, produce shooting schedules, risk assessments, health & safety procedures and call sheets in collaboration with in house filmmakers for in house productions.
- To develop relationships with external studios, production partners and suppliers and be comfortable outsourcing and managing productions from start to completion.
- To build and manage budgets for 3rd party production and in house productions, negotiating on costs where appropriate and communicating them clearly to project managers.
- To communicate clearly and regularly with Project Managers, project stakeholders and senior members of the team with updates on production progress.
- To manage project risk and issues, escalating where appropriate to senior Production colleagues or to the Head of Production, or where appropriate, Project Managers.
- To attend regular production meetings, armed with updates, risks & issues for discussion.
- To collaborate closely with all the Production teams (film/content/TV/imagery), keeping them up-to-date with appropriate information.
- To check that all security measures are in place for NPD projects and to ensure approvals are given prior to the release of any master assets.
- To identify continuous improvements and cost reductions in production through careful cost negotiation, detailed planning and analysis of wider content requirements to ensure efficiencies are made where possible.
- To have sight over all production budgets working closely with other film producers to interrogate and advise on ways to reduce costs effectively, to suggest alternative approaches, to bring down excessive costs and to ensure budgets are not overly priced.
- To work closely with the Lead Film Producers to influence more effective ways of working, suggesting alternative production partners ,helping to drive efficiencies and to help the department expand.
- Develop an understanding of Dyson’s financial and administration systems.
- Ensure all contracts, licences, insurances and permissions are in place before filming and before
- Proven success in line-producing to the highest industry standards
- A minimum of 10 years commercial/content film making as a producer
- Extensive production budget knowledge in pre and post production
- Strong team player – approachable, collaborative using great behaviours
- Influencing skills ability to drive better ways to deliver
- Emotionally Intelligent with a strong sense of self-awareness
- A keen interest / passion in making content in and outside of the workplace
- Solid understanding of editing, post production, audio and CGI
- Project management and production skill set
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Purchasing and negotiating skills - specifically in relation to all production line-items
- Pragmatic and decisive – be able to respond to creative, technical and decision-making challenges (filming and editing) with speed and accuracy and deliver effective solutions
- Energetic, engaging, confident and positive
- Multi tasker – be able to juggle priorities across several projects at any one time
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.