- Singapore - Technology Centre
About the team
The Operations Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s Operations functions including Global Manufacturing and Procurement. The team work with these functions to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. These include among other things, the exploration of growth initiatives, financial planning and analysis of day to day operation activities and providing solutions to operational issues as and when they occur. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives of the Operation Function.
About the role
The Finance Analyst – Procurement partners with the Global Procurement Function to support financial analysis in various areas relating to material and manufacturing equipment supply chain. This includes assisting in the month end analysis and reporting of Product Cost Variance (PCV).
The incumbent will also work with the Procurement teams to gain a detailed understanding of the cost saving activities that are being worked on and how they impact product costs.
From time to time, the incumbent will also work on ad hoc analysis and projects to provided insightful analysis for decision-making by the senior management function in Dyson
The role has good exposure to the Dyson Global Procurement Function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson Operations Business.
The role reports into the Senior Finance Manger – Procurement.
- Business Partner with Procurement function to provide finance support involving direct suppliers of materials and manufacturing equipment
- Support the analysis of dual sourcing, SMART negotiation and supplier selection for new projects or evolving suppliers strategies
- Assists in the monthly analysis and reporting of PCV
- Assist in driving Procurement and Commercial Operations teams on cost savings activities
- Conduct periodic financial risk assessments of selected key material and equipment suppliers
- Conduct financial risk assessments on new vendors as part of vendor selection process
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives involving suppliers
- Drive process improvements and maintain financial control of business processes in Procurement
- Part/Full Qualified Accountant or equivalent qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous exposure to large database and financial analysis
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process/systems with large and incomplete data but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Flexible and adaptable to a constant changing environment
- Ability to remain calm and independent when faced with sensitive and difficult situations
- Experience in working across functions and cultures
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.