- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
The Global Overheads and ZBB Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s support functions including IT, Estates, Finance, Commercial, People and Legal. The Global Estates team looks after the Dyson property portfolio which includes offices, service centres, call centres and manufacturing facilities.
About the role
As a Senior Finance Analyst for Global Estates you will be acting as a Business Partner for Operating Expenditures with teams mainly based in the UK and South East Asia as well as regional teams across the world.
This role will be responsible for the management accounting and business partnering activities related to our Estates function. This includes yearly Budget planning, actuals tracking, quarterly reforecast and general management accounting. The role will be required to work closely with the functional leads to drive highly reliable financial planning and optimal decision making.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Function and support them to meet the ambitious cost saving targets set by the Leadership team
- Review of monthly commitments and preparation of accruals and prepayments reconciliations and general Management Accounting
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is prepared, including incisive commentary backed by detailed analysis of spend where required
- Work in partnership with the Global budget holders and the Group Finance team to provide accurate and comprehensive annual budgets, quarterly re-forecasts and actuals
- Independently conduct monthly review meetings with Senior budget holders and act as a point of contact for their teams when seeking Finance support
- Contribute to the wider Global Overheads team agenda, which includes knocking down our processes or systems-related barriers to execution
- Support the monthly presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Build strong relationships across the Organisation including Finance, Procurement and HR and provide financial support to decision making
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues with stakeholders, getting into the detail to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can feedback relevant insights
- Qualified Accountant (CA/ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 2+ years of PQE minimum
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Experience of Management Accounting and performing budgeting or forecasting processes
- Excellent spread sheet skills, including pivots, advanced formulae and charting
- Excellent analytical ability with a great attention to detail
- Team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and a flexible yet disciplined approach
- Good communication skills with the ability to present Financial information accessible to non-Financial stakeholders
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business
- Mature and robust personality
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Previous exposure to Stakeholder management
- Experience within a financial planning and analysis environment
- SAP & OneStream experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.