- Singapore - Singapore
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
About the roleThe Senior Finance Manager for In House Manufacturing will oversee the financial operations of the in house manufacturing sites of Dyson in Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia. The incumbent will provide financial direction to lead the finance teams that are based at the sites to collaborate with each site’s General Managers and other senior management to deliver key finance KPIs.
From time to time, the incumbent will also work on ad hoc analysis together with the Operations and RDD functions to identify new opportunities for Dyson. This will include but not limited to the costings of new in house manufactured technology, exploration of new manufacturing locations etc. The incumbent’s will use his/her financial knowledge and manufacturing experience to formulate clear analysis for senior management team in Dyson for key decision-making.
The role is highly visible in the Dyson Ops organisation and also a key position of the in house manufacturing finance function. This roles allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson’s in house manufacturing technology. The role reports into the Head of Finance – Ops & RDD and have teams across multiple manufacturing locations in South East Asia.
- Provide direction to finance teams based at multiple in house manufacturing locations to deliver finance KPIs
- Business Partner with In house manufacturing sites GMs to support each site’s growth
- Oversee month end closing across sites
- Run the financial planning (budget, month forecasts) processes for all sites
- Provide analysis on manufacturing cost to site management with recommended actions
- Business partner with Operations and RDD teams for manufacturing costings of new technology in development
- Work with site operation teams to drive efficiencies across manufacturing processes
- Work cross site and functions at all levels to reach company objectives as well as site objectives
- Collaborates with General Managers and other senior management of various sites to develop adhoc reviews and complex analysis
- Review and implement plant internal controls at each site to maintain the same standard procedures across in house manufacturing locations
- Train and guide the inhouse manufacturing finance teams in continue professional developments
- Involved / take ownership of ad hoc strategic projects involving in house manufacturing
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with manufacturing and costing experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Experience in an engineering environment an advantage
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process and systems
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with remote teams
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.