- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the role
In this role based in Malmesbury or Dublin you will report into the GB FD and play an essential role in making sure that the Ireland market continues to grow and becomes more profitable. You will lead finance in the market, be part of the local leadership team and have significant exposure to Regional Exec. You will be accountable for the financial performance of the market, working closely with the NEU cluster to deliver the financial objectives.
The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the key members of the sales teams to drive its growth strategy and measure performance through insightful analysis. The role will also support strategic customer relationship decisions on terms and promotional offerings through robust retailer profitability modelling, and be a key contributor to key account JBPs.
You will also dive deeper to provide visibility of retailer store level performance and expert profitability to ensure we invest in the right places. In additional you'll support the Direct channel ambitions through objective ROI analysis and financial modelling to ensure profitable growth and sound decision making on any future investments that expand Dyson's physical retail stores in the market.
- Business partner the leadership team on commercial strategy across all channels and categories, providing Finance challenge and insight to all key commercial decisions made within the market.
- Accountable for the market P&L performance, working closely with the Cluster (responsible for overhead and BBI finance business partnering)
- Conduct retail and expert level profitability analysis and work in partnership with the local indirect leadership team to plan their resource and infrastructure requirements, short and long term; provide channel input to the local strategic plan.
- Own the tracking of rebates and promotions, ensuring accruals are accurately captured and reviewed against performance criteria. Support DBS (transactional finance team) with the clearing of deductions and lead the pay-out reviews, working in partnership with the sales team on customer communications relating to rebates and promotions.
- Lead initiatives to improve direct channel profitability. Review and monitor efficiency KPIs and drive a continuous review agenda that optimises cost-to-serve across the Direct channel and delivers insight on promotional effectiveness.
- Establish promotional governance process to apply pricing corridors in the direct channel on key promotional events.
- Lead the process relating to customer setup and masterdata management, liaising with the sales team and directly with the customer to obtain critical data and providing this to DBS for account creation/maintenance.
- Proactively manage the availability of customer credit by sharing latest sales forecasts and deductions (working with DBS) with the customer credit team.
- Perform objective financial modelling and scenario analysis that supports sound commercial decision making in relation to customer relationships, 3rd party retail stores investments and direct channel expansion.
- Drive financial capability outside of finance by providing training and supporting the team members in their business objectives, and contribute to the overall financial capability building program across the market.
- An experienced finance professional with a bias for action, high levels of resilience and drive, who is able to see the strategic big picture but also to roll sleeves up and get into the detail and delivery of financial projects.
- Energetic, engaging and pacey, with high EQ and the ability to motivate and inspire in a matrixed environment.
- Clear communicator; decisive and excellent influencer.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- An effective and credible thought partner - commercially minded with a good grasp of key financial drivers and strong contract management skills.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity; a quick and agile learner.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.