- Singapore - Singapore
The Senior Finance Manager for Ops & RDD Finance provides finance support to RDD, operations, procurement and logistic functions of Dyson’s Home Business. The incumbent will work cross functionally with the business to develop a Contract Manufacturer and Supplier Strategy to minimise Dyson risks and optimise the total product cost of sales for Dyson’s Home Business. The role will be also be involved in planning of strategies to optimise the use of RDD resources in product development. The incumbent’s will use his/her financial knowledge and commercial acumen to formulate clear analysis for senior management team in Dyson for key decision-making.
From time to time, the incumbent will also work on ad hoc analysis together with the Operations and Logistics functions to identify new opportunities for Dyson. This will include but not limited to exploration of new operations locations, new operating business model for existing or new product categories etc.
The role is highly visible in the Dyson Ops and RDD organisation and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson Home Business.
About the roleReporting into the Global Head of Finance – Ops & RDD, the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Business Partner with Commercial to support the development and execution of a Contract Manufacturer strategy
- Provide analysis on non-material product cost including moulding, paint processing, sub assemblies process, labour costs, manufacturing lean activity, contribution etc to support decision making
- Run the financial aspects of a product bid and award process and support Commercial with data / analysis / scenario mapping for their reviews and negotiations with Contract Manufacturers
- Business partner with Procurement and RDD teams for supplier selection of product components, balancing cost and component design with a risk mitigating supplier strategy
- Work cross functionally with other finance teams to design business models to manufacture products at a right cost for Dyson
- Work with Commercial and Manufacturing Ops to minimise other cost of sales and manage the provision of such costs
- Business partner with the RDD teams to optimise resource planning for research and development of new products/category in the Dyson Home Business
- Involved in annual budgeting process, month end close and forecast process for cost of sales
- Conduct regular financial risk assessments of contract manufacturers and key suppliers
- Conduct and prepare any CMs, materials suppliers related ad hoc reviews and analysis
- Involved / take ownership of ad hoc commercial / strategic projects
- MBA, Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis and/or strategy.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in directly managing a team
- Experience in rigorous financial analysis and comfortable with large database
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing systems with large amounts of data for answers but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or engineering an advantage
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with overseas entities
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
- Tableau experience a plus
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.