- Singapore - Technology Centre
The Operations Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s Operations functions including Global Manufacturing and Procurement. The team work with these functions to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. These include among other things, the exploration of growth initiatives, financial planning and analysis of day to day operation activities and providing solutions to operational issues as and when they occur. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives of the Operation Function.
About the role
The Senior Finance Manager – Procurement partners with the Global Procurement Function to develop supplier strategy to ensure continue supply of materials to Dyson at the right cost. These will include and not limited to dual sourcing strategy, risks and advance plans and material holding material. The incumbent will also lead the analysis and reporting of Product Cost Variance (PPV).
From time to time, the incumbent will also work on ad hoc analysis and projects to provided insightful analysis for decision-making by the senior management function in Dyson
The role has good exposure to the Dyson Global Procurement Function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson Operations Business.
The role reports into the Head of Finance – Operations.
- Business Partner with Procurement function to provide finance support involving direct suppliers of materials and equipment
- Work with Procurement function to drive dual sourcing, SMART negotiation and supplier selection strategies
- Own and drive the analysis and reporting of Product Cost Variance (PCV). Working cross functionally to maximised favourable PCV
- Assist in driving Procurement and Commercial Operations teams on cost savings activities
- Manage the control environment of the risk and advance buy process
- Conduct periodic financial risk assessments of selected key material and equipment suppliers
- Conduct financial risk assessments on new vendors as part of vendor selection process
- Lead analysis on an ad hoc basis to support strategic initiatives involving suppliers
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- MBA, Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in supply chain / procurement finance
- At least 10 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial analysis and comfortable with large database
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process/systems with large and incomplete data but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Flexible and adaptable to a constant changing environment
- Ability to remain calm and independent when faced with sensitive and difficult situations
- Experience in a procurement or supplier management an advantage
- Experience in working across functions and cultures
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.