- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleShowcasing the cutting-edge robotic technologies of the future involves bringing together talented people who share common ambitious goals and visions, rethinking problems and framing them properly, utilising the right tools and resources, and doing all of this at the right time. That’s our goal: to build a world class robotics team with a focused vision of robots solving concrete problems in the real world.
We want to create a team that is able to work alongside our roboticists to develop innovative software systems that turn theory into practice. It is this culture of ambition and excellence paired with an enjoyable and healthy work-life balance that makes Dyson different! It’s a place to unleash your passion, talent, ideas and show what robots can do for the world.
No robotics experience necessary!
Dyson’s Robotics Research Software Team specialises in creating early stage proof-of-concept systems that utilise state-of-the-art software algorithms, frameworks, techniques, and tooling. We need a software developer fluent in the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
We also looking for someone fluent at reading electronic schematic and not afraid to use a soldering station.
Responsibilities:• Developing real time embedded software for our new robotic project.
• Closely collaborating with the high-level software developer to provide the right interface and the right capabilities.
• Documenting software requirements, design and implementation.
• Support SW validation activities using C and Python based test frameworks.
• Help fix small hardware issues on the robotic platform.
• Participating in code and design review activities.
About youAbout you• A BSc. or Masters in Computer Engineering or related field
• Strong background in real time embedded C.
• Experience in bare-metal microcontroller software development.
• A good understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
• Software configuration management, source control (git), continuous integration.
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks.
Desirable skill• Experience of planning and working within an Agile Framework (Jira)
• Good Experience of Python programming
• Knowledge of control systems
• Hardware development knowledge
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.