- Sydney - Australia
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our Finance team, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth. Integrated across our global business, the team delivers data and strategy, sharper insight and forecasting that supports commercial decision-making to shape our future.
About the roleThe role works in close partnership with the Leadership Team to shape the future of Dyson in Australia and New Zealand with strategic and tactical planning, fearless challenging of the status quo and a relentless desire to make the business better.
This role leads a small team responsible for commercial leadership, processes and structures across the organisation.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Partner with ANZ Leadership and Group Finance to deliver efficient, effective and scalable finance practices. Challenge current methods of working to drive efficiencies and optimise profitability.
- Embed governance of brand building investments and cost centre control across the whole ANZ business; ensuring robust controls are in place with accurate reporting and maximum return on investments.
- Own and lead annual planning and budgeting functions ensuring alignment with all local functions and Group teams.
- Lead capability development in all aspects of commercial management including the finance function, retailer terms management, promotional spend and BBI.
- Build effective finance business partnering and financial stewardship of ANZ functions to support and challenge the business in financial decision making.
- Develop strong relationship with Group Finance teams to ensure efficient information flow and dissemination of best practices within ANZ, Group and Global finance teams.
- Champion the Dyson finance core pillars of integrity and commercial success.
- Create a problem solving culture, facilitate improvements and inspire others.
- Coach, develop and lead the team to ensure they are operating at their best.
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures.
- Minimum ten years experience in financial, strategic and general business management in medium sized or large multi-divisional organisation
- Extensive financial planning and analysis experience across the full P&L
- Leadership and development of a high performing team
- Experience in commercial business partnering roles in the consumer goods, technology or retail industry would be ideal.
- Able to work cross functionally and build partnering relationships with different markets and functional stakeholders
- Ability to drive and deliver change
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- An aptitude and strong appetite to develop systems and processes in order to drive efficiencies and benefit the business
- High levels of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible in approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical mind-set and ability to process large volumes of information
BenefitsAt Dyson ANZ we value you bringing yourself to work. We recognise the importance of your unique contribution and are receptive to hearing ideas that challenge the norm. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited by adopting new ways to do things better. We deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. A compressed working week, work-life balance that we live and breathe, regular social lunches and off-site gatherings, product discounts, novated leasing, additional paid annual leave and company paid parental leave form just part of the employee experience at Dyson ANZ.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.