- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Functional Safety Engineer will actively participate in development, quality and reliability activities to ensure automotive safety standards are met.
• Development of DFMEA and FTA at VCU/motor controller level.
• Work as part of a team developing product to ISO26262 level C and D.
• Requirement tracking and ensuring defined processes are followed.
• Generation of documentation and supporting items to satisfy functional safety audit.
• Work closely with hardware and software teams to both provide guidance and ensure safety goals met.
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
• 3 years or more experience working to ISO 26262.
• Experience with use of functional safety tools(e.g. Medini)
• Industry experience of HARA,DFMEA,FTA for embedded hardware/software
• Functional safety experience in EV applications is beneficial but not essential.
• Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS is beneficial but not essential
• Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes such as Automotive SPICE is beneficial but not essential.