- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
Over the last 5 years, we’ve established our own retail proposition, opening 205 Direct and Partner Dyson Demo stores around the world (across more than 20 different markets). Our ambition is to continue to grow our own retail presence, taking the number of global retail locations up to 500 by 2025. Such a growing stores’ portfolio can only be managed establishing a global retail operations framework, at the same time adaptable to local requirements and aligned to Dyson global standards.
About the role
The Global Senior Retail Operations Manager will act as the lead contact for each market on how stores operate on daily basis, supporting and navigating each market to ensure that retail operations and long-term developments are seamlessly integrated and shared across all functions. This role is far reaching and will rely on the ability to helicopter into the detail and then out to look at the bigger picture and global strategy. The breadth of the role will range from leading a perfectly executed retail operations platform, writing meaningful operating documents for each market, continuous information and feedback gathering combined with analytics to suggest logical and timely improvements to drive efficiency and sustainable growth.
We work in a matrix organisation where group head office sets direction and strategy while local markets execute and manage the daily operations. Therefore, you must be used to operating in this matrix style and ideally have experience of operating on a global scale. Dyson moves at great pace, so flexibility, passion and high energy will be critical to success in this role, as will the ability to travel internationally on a regular basis. You must have a collaborative style and a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels.
- Work with the Global Retail Operations Director and the Dyson Demo Leadership Team, to ensure that Retail Operations are executed compliantly and in line with Dyson’s overarching vision
- Maintain and constantly update the Global Retail Operations Manual and the operating standards for each market, ensuring Store Leaders are clear on expectations and global retail procedures
- Partner with the Group Retail IT Team, to ensure that the Retail IT developments are in line with the wider IT Corporate Roadmap and are Retail relevant
- Work closely with the Head of Global Retail Store Development to ensure data is aligned and channelled in the correct way, devising strategies together to drive continuous improvement to store opening plans and replication over time. Ensure direct retail readiness for each market.
- Act as a retail consultant for markets senior leadership teams, continuously gathering feedback and data to support long term global improvements
- Drive efficiencies for the long-term success of our physical retail presence – stores and mall demos
- Continuously gather feedback and data from all markets and work with them, forward planning to ensure all activities are thought through. Build an understanding of the practical realities of local decisions, always seeking ways to improve upon these.
- Partner with Digital, Commercial and Supply Chain Teams to design the omni-channel experience of the future, putting end-consumers at its core
- Partner with Dyson Learning and the Retail Training Team to ensure that the training material is constantly updated and relevant
- Promote a process driven culture aiming to make all stores compliant with standards like PCI DSS
- Work with the Financial and Cyber Security Team to increase accepted payment methods in our stores, while constantly improving their reliability by reducing vulnerability due to fraudulent behaviours
- Guide Regional Operations teams to collaborate with and support Profit Protection for all areas of risk management, physical security, employee issues, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and audits.
- Work as a global commercial coordinator for global activity, such as new product launches, partnering with Retail Marketing to ensure the successful delivery of Marketing initiatives
About youPreferably a Degree in Science majoring in Bachelor's Degree in Management/Economics, Hospitality or Finance.
We are looking for someone able to:
- Identify problems and their root causes, with the ability to provide to deliver reliable long-term solutions
- Identify how to motivate and engage individuals in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the state of premium retail, as well as highest standards of client experience, using that knowledge to make sound business decisions
- Implement and enhance monitoring capabilities, focusing on exception-based predictive analytics and early warning triggers to reduce business impact.
- Be both Experience and Sales focused; driven to exceed expectations
- Be Shopper champion – able to see things from the shopper perspective and go the extra mile to deliver a world class experience
- Have experience of managing change
- Be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity at pace
- Be organised and have a logical, pragmatic approach
- Be resilient and self-motivated
- Post-graduate experience in a similar position of at least 5 years
- Highly flexible dynamic personality with the ability to effectively interact with both non-technical and technical resources alike.
- The ability to translate technical jargon into business language is a must.
- Pan-regional experience, ideally with global reach, in a similar dynamic, international and complex organisation
- Analytical mindset, holistic vision and strong business acumen.
- The ability to narrow in on minute details at the lowest levels and how they affect the business at the highest levels.
- Agility and entrepreneurial spirit to support in finding new approaches and solutions to the challenges of this role.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem solver and ability to spot areas for improvements.
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative
- Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from conceptualization to implementation
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read data and translate them into actions
- Solid experience of coaching and mentoring retail teams
- Can engage in both strategic and tactical thinking as the situation demands
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner and willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.