- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
The Sr Talent Partner is responsible for talent management and development for a particular function or region. They will be a talent scout, partnering with their business leadership teams and HRBPs to identify, develop, retain and progress talent across Dyson. This role will report to the Head of Talent and Succession as part of the Global Talent Team. This role will also sit on the HRLT for the function/region they support.
- Understand Dyson talent management philosophy, and coach the business on having a strong talent management approach in their people strategy
- Leverage global frameworks, processes and approaches with local nuance as required, to develop a calendar of activities that will enable Dyson to identify, manage and develop our talent
- Maintain a strong and up to date understanding of business priorities and organisation capability needs and use that knowledge to update and challenge the local or global talent strategy / initiatives as needed
- Work as one team with Talent Acquisition colleagues to ensure internal and external talent is benchmarked and understood; Act as an advisor to the business on the full talent landscape; ensure internal talent are mobilized and prioritized for career opportunities.
- Be an active member in the global talent team community; Bring expertise, fresh perspectives, share best practices and represent the needs of your business area/region.
- Lead the Performance and Talent Review cycles, partnering with leadership and HRDs to continuously improve on the level of participation, leadership engagement, action plans and update talent plans/strategy as necessary.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of Talent Forums (minimum quarterly) across your business area/region as a platform to raise profiles, address risks, improve career progression and internal mobility. Use talent data to drive rich conversation and action.
- Represent your business area/region at regular Global Talent Forums; surface talent for opportunities and encourage risk-tasking and across functional/regional moves to build well-rounded future leaders.
- Know your key talent, maintaining a pulse on their development, risk and readiness for career progression; Ensure each has a development plan linked to their target role, that is implemented.
- Apply talent data and insights to have an action-oriented conversation with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent.
- Champion and build manager capability to have great career conversations and build practical development plans.
- Nominate key talent to join global talent initiatives/programmes that are relevant to their development needs; Influence development of future global talent development initiatives and programmes.
- Partner with your business area/region to embed a robust succession planning approach. Maintain “live” succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for the critical roles in your business area/region.
- On an annual basis, work with the HR teams and Reward team on the forecasting of resource needs to represent the internal flow of talent with the need to recruit new talent.
- Champion diversity and equitable opportunity. Educate, challenge and influence the business to create balanced and effective teams made up of individuals with diverse skills and experiences.
- Will take a lead on a global initiative to develop a global understanding of the impact and implementation requirements, while also building a network that spans multiple markets and business areas.
- Minimum 8 years’ career experience with 5 years in a similar role
- Ability to question accepted ways of doing things, propose new local/functional strategies and solutions, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the People Team and have a clear focus on getting things done.
- Strong ability to proactively identify problems and solve them.
- Data-smart and adept at getting under the skin of what makes Dyson and its people tick
- Excellent talent consulting skills and proven judgement of on implementing talent solutions to solve complex problems
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Experience with all talent management and development tools/strategies and experience in implementing them in a complex business environment
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and changing priorities
- Familiar with a matrix-style management structure, with key stakeholders overseas, and a UK/SG (or international) head-office
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing organisation with entrepreneurial spirit
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.