- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The VCU Embedded Hardware Engineer will be involved in every stage including, feasibility, architecture design, system design, testing, validation and preparation for serial production.
• Selection of components, schematic capture and generation of PCB design files
• Analog circuit design(Sensors inputs, HS/LS drivers, linear and LV power supply design)
• Digital circuit design(processor, control logic, memory & communications interfaces)
• Design for compliance with automotive standards for EMC, ESD, safety, vibration and environmental requirements.
• Providing support for embedded software engineers during software development.
• Work closely with mechanical engineers during integration to ensure PCB design, thermal, EMC and environmental factors are balanced.
• Support production and assembly teams during prototype phases.
• Optimise cost and production effort via close collaboration with procurement and production teams.
• Define and conduct tests to validate required functionality.
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Experience with various analogue and digital electronics e.g. op-amp circuit design, ADCs, switching power supplies, protection , microcontrollers, digital logic and communication interfaces(CAN FD,LIN,Flexray and Ethernet)
• Experience of developing multilayer PCB’s with 4+ layers.
• Understanding to identify potential sources of noise/interference and minimise.
Experience of ISO 26262 automotive hardware design and development environment including requirements generation
• Experience of automotive hardware manufacture to meet testability, manufacturability, reliability and cost targets
• Experience of hardware validation to meet demanding quality expectations
• Electric vehicle powertrain experience is beneficial but not essential
• Software development experience is beneficial but not essential
• Systems Integration experience is beneficial but not essential