- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. It’s essential that we attract and hire the best talent, and retain them to build a solid foundation for our future growth.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As our Senior HR Advisor on a 12-month fixed-term contract, you'll collaborate with Global functional managers to support Group functions. This includes working closely with Global HR Business Partners and the broader Group HR team, encompassing HR Shared Services, Recruitment, Rewards, and Talent Development. Together, you'll devise People solutions aligned with Dyson's business strategy, fostering enthusiasm among employees.
Your responsibilities involve developing core people processes, offering advice, and coaching leaders and managers to enhance their capabilities. You'll also support end-to-end organisational changes to boost business performance and ensure future readiness in conjunction with the Global HR Business Partners.
Additionally, you'll collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence and HR Business Partners to shape and measure Dyson's culture and engagement initiatives across group functions. You'll provide valuable input on reward and benefits to attract and retain talent without hindering the company's capacity.
In your role, data analysis will be crucial as you evaluate key employee metrics, such as turnover, headcount, and absence. You'll identify trends, investigate implications, and drive solutions and continuous improvement initiatives. Participating in multi-function project teams and offering guidance to managers and senior leaders will be part of your role, helping to resolve employee relations issues effectively.
- Strong relationship-building skills in a fast-paced HR environment
- Effective communicator and influencer, collaborating with Global functional managers and leaders
- Vast generalist HR experience within matrixed organisations
- Proven track record of supporting people managers with impactful initiatives
- Experience leading people processes (salary, bonus, performance moderation, talent management)
- Proficient in stakeholder and project management
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation and handling complex employee relations
- Desirable experience with Workday
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.