- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
To provide the day to day operational guidance and direction to relevant department(s) to enable effective people management across all levels. To give insight to the people planning process that support longer term plans to recruit, retain and develop great people passionate about Dyson. Be an effective communicator and build relationships at all levels to enable the support, advice and challenge of people practices within the business.
About the Role
- To maintain and further develop commercial knowledge of the rapidly changing business environment. Work closely with, and provide appropriate challenge to the management team to be a key contributor of the business’s decision making process.
- Project manage organisation changes resulting from strategic initiatives.
- With Managers, develop departmental people plans and drive/support delivery of core business objectives.
- Provide proactive operational support to the Management team
- Work with the Recruitment and Management team to critically assess levels of resource. Provide advice and support on all recruitment issues.
- Work to up-skill the Management capability on all management issues including performance management, absence management, and employee relations issues.
- Provide expert advice in all areas of HR policy and practice, keeping employment law knowledge current
- Effectively manage the employee relations workload, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a timely manner and with a pragmatic approach.
- Identify current and future critical roles and deliver succession planning for client groups.
- Critically assess the level of capability and work with the Management teams to proactively support performance management and career discussions across the teams.
- Support Managers to develop their teams, raising the bar of capability across all areas.
- Assess the training needs in the customer service teams to maximize the potential of people and where appropriate design and deliver training programs to meet that need.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Excellent generalist HR experience
- A strong understanding of UK employment law
- Change management experience
- Proven ability in coaching
- University educated
- Completed a HR graduate scheme – desirable
- Previous experience in a FMCG or highly commercial environment
- Computer literate
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team Work
- Drive for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Influencing/negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to generate innovative HR solutions
- Good all round business knowledge
- Business/commercial focus
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.