- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Our EMEA region is diverse, fast-changing, and an exciting place to work. Spanning from MEA and our emerging markets, to the UK, France and Germany where Dyson have been established for over two decades, this region is at the heart of Dyson's history, and an engine for it's growth. As a region, we have offices in 16 countries and operations in more than 25. Our market teams are responsible for taking Group strategy, applying their local expertise and experience, and delivering world-class products and service to our owners. From digital to supply chain, marketing to finance, the EMEA teams work together to learn from each other’s' strengths, share successes, and constantly reinvent and transform Dyson's presence on their countries
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As a Senior HR Business Partner at Dyson, you will play a pivotal role in driving the ambitious people agenda and accelerating market profitability for GB&I. You have a proven track record of partnering with senior leaders and influencing business direction to develop and execute effective people strategies. Your commercial acumen allows you to translate business goals into strategic and tactical plans, ensuring alignment and driving organizational effectiveness.
Collaboration is key in this role, as you will work closely with the GB&I leadership team and other senior leaders across functional teams. Your support and guidance will contribute to the delivery of actions that enhance both individual and organizational performance. You excel in implementing comprehensive people plans, aligning with the overall GB&I and EMEA & Global People Blueprint, and addressing risks, challenges, and opportunities in the short and long term.
Talent acquisition and development are crucial aspects of your expertise. You will partner with Centres of Expertise to develop effective hiring strategies and ensure that teams are equipped with the right talent for current and future needs. By fostering talent moves, succession planning, and career development within the GB&I team, you will drive a culture of growth and provide clear pathways for career progression.
Your ability to champion a high-performance culture will be instrumental in coaching and upskilling senior leaders to provide clear direction and line managers to deliver continuous feedback and development. You have a proven track record of managing employee relations issues, including disciplinary and grievance procedures, with professionalism and fairness.
Your analytical mindset allows you to dive into data, interpret insights, and present meaningful findings to inform decision-making. With a strong focus on results and a drive for employee engagement, you consistently deliver impactful outcomes that contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Degree calibre, CIPD, with high HR professional credentials
- Proven track record as a true HR generalist in a global, matrixed organization
- Strong HR partnering experience, engaging and influencing senior stakeholders
- Change management expertise, driving organizational change in various scenarios
- Thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture with speed and pragmatism
- Passion for fostering a high-performance culture and motivating work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects
- Line management experience (desirable)
- Credibility and professionalism, making an immediate positive impact
- Open, practical, and pragmatic approach, balancing conflicting priorities
- Skilled relationship builder across senior leaders and networks
- Strong delivery management, generating energy and mobilizing others efficiently
- Results-driven and tenacious, navigating ambiguity and inspiring others
- Resilience and toughness to bounce back from challenges
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.