- Germany - Cologne Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
Our EMEA region is diverse, fast-changing, and an exciting place to work. Spanning from MEA and our emerging markets, to the UK, France and Germany where Dyson have been established for over two decades, this region is at the heart of Dyson's history, and an engine for its growth. As a region, we have offices in 16 countries and operations in more than 25. Our market teams are responsible for taking Group strategy, applying their local expertise and experience, and delivering world-class products and service to our owners. From digital to supply chain, marketing to finance, the EMEA teams work together to learn from each other’s' strengths, share successes, and constantly reinvent and transform Dyson's presence on their countries.
About the role
There are four head offices servicing four markets: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Poland. There is true ambition to accelerate markets profit, reinvigorate mature markets with changes in business models and support the ambitious people agenda. It’s also a time of great change as we shift organization structures, clarifying governance and new ways of working as we build out the new operating model.
The role will work through local HRBPs to enact and implement both local agendas and be responsible for shaping and owning the broader DACH/EMEA and Group people initiatives.
As SR HRBP / Head of HR you will partner with functional teams, business leads, and Senior Directors to develop and execute the People strategies and planning activities that drive organisational and people effectiveness. Commercially savvy, you are able to influence, challenge and interpret business direction into strategic and tactical plans, with a resilient but natural style that brings the business and teams with you. The role is challenging and fast paced, working across multiple disciplines and with multiple partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MD’s and department heads to develop and implement people plans and solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. Challenge ways of working, identify problems and find ways to fix them.
- Lead your business areas on organisational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and capability assessment to drive future scale and growth of the business.
- Manage a small but highly capable team of HR Business Partners - developing their skills and providing opportunities to support their career progression
- Review and analyse people data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Coach your key stakeholders within the organisation to build leadership capabilities: challenge and influence, successfully navigating different styles and personalities to build trusted, credible partnerships.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to source high potential Dyson Talent that will drive future scale for the Dyson business.
- Build a world class talent pipeline, ensuring the right roles, capabilities and frameworks are in place to deliver. Constantly review business and people performance, ensure succession/capability risks are understood and managed, and tackle challenges and seize opportunities over the short and long term.
- Lead and support, both local and international, HR and business initiatives and projects.
- Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on people related matters including policies and procedures, employee relations activity. Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, and promotions.
- A champion of the Dyson culture and values – connected to the “pulse” of our people across the cluster, working closely with senior business leaders to drive organizational effectiveness and engagement. Develop and champion a high-performance culture across the DACHP business. Ensure market teams coach, influence, upskill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers provide continuous feedback and development.
- Bachelor´s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in HR with focus on business partnering
- Experience of managing a team
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing HR strategies/ initatives/ processes that align with organizational goals and objectives
- Strong knowledge of German employment laws and regulations
- Intense experience in working with works councils
- Good track record to enable leaders for performance management
- Business Fluent in German and English
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment with multiple priorities and high level of autonomy
- Exceptional listening and communication skills with the ability to influence and coach Managers at all levels in the organisation
- Strong business commerciality and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to dive into data and details and analyse, interpret and present back to the business
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with a high level of energy and pace
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Jobrad (Bicycle leasing)
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Agile working
- Flexible working hours
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Relaxed dress code
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.