- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the Role
This is a truly generalist role working alongside the Head of HR, Korea to provide a wide range of support to people managers and employees, with the goal of attracting, retaining and developing great people who are passionate about Dyson.
HR Generalist activity
- Ensure the delivery of key people processes such as probation, employee movements, absence management, and performance management in a compliant way
- Support the Mobility process to support the IA by working together with Global Mobility team
- Drive timely quarterly Labour Management Council meetings with the defined groups and ensure the proper documentations are in place as required by the law.
- Review and analyse data and reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount); identify, investigate and flag potential implications of issues or trends.
- Work with the Head of HR to participate in the review of HR policies, processes and procedures, apply a pragmatic and business focused approach whilst ensure the compliance to local legislations.
- Work with relevant HR colleagues in the wider HR team to ensure knowledge and best practice is shared.
- Proactively spot the opportunities to improve the ways of working and support the business; identify problems and find solutions.
- Relish the opportunity to take up new initiatives that drive the people agenda and help the business perform.
- Support the whole on boarding process; work with all related stakeholders including agency, visa and relocation vendors, new hire, and the hiring manager to ensure a smooth on boarding and inductions.
- Produce standard and variations to contract and HR letters, and coordinate the changes with other stakeholders.
- Maintain all employee information on the HRIS, ensuring all data are accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure the people managers fully understand and own the Workday for their people management
- Day-to-day liaison with external HR service providers on managing the payroll, benefits, insurance, pension as required.
- Review the annual benefits renewal polices and manage the renewal process.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll inputs and work with Finance and the external payroll vendor on the monthly payroll process.
- Challenge existing administrative processes as appropriate in order to implement more effective and creative solutions.
- Maintain a systematic way of HR documents filing and the tidiness of HR storage areas.
- Generate ad-hoc HR reports and analysis as required and assist a variety of projects as required.
- Annual Labor Cost Budgeting and Labor Cost Budget Management
- Process HR related expenses
- Cover for other team member during holidays, sickness etc.
Skills and qualification
- 3 ~ 5 years’ HR generalist or operations experience
- Skilled in providing pragmatic, tailored HR advice
- Experienced in HRIS and HR systems
- Strong written and spoken English and Korean languages
- Sound knowledge of Korean labour law
- Ability to communicate and present with confidence and conviction
- Good problem-solving skills and good influence and negotiation skills
- Computer literate, especially with MS Office
- Proven ability to plan and implement projects and initiatives
- Team mindset with collaborative attitude
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.