- Supplier Relationship Management
- China - Shanghai Office
Dyson company background
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different.
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
What you can expect
You will be joining a Global Procurement Team within our Shanghai operations, focused on delivering real value for our business in China. We want you to help deliver our objectives. We’re a lean team focused on driving real value in enabling a rapidly growing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a role in one of Dyson’s most important markets. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. Professional growth, development and new opportunities abound in an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
About the Role
Based in Dyson’s China HQ offices in Shanghai, this role would suit someone with 5 years+ experience looking to develop their careers within general indirect procurement in China and Globally.
You should see your role as improving business outcomes, rather than ticking boxes.
You will report to the Head of China Procurement, who reports to the Global Indirect Procurement Director.
What you will do:
- development and execution of the category-specific and overall procurement strategy to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets
- Managing competitive bidding processes
- Leading negotiations with vendors
- Helping to develop a supply base to build the capacity and capability to deliver Dyson’s business’ requirements in China
- Supporting Dyson’s supplier management and corporate, social and environmental standards programmes within the supply base
- Continually monitoring compliance across the indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary
Customers / Stakeholders
- Directly engage with stakeholders in the business and develop working relationships with them to ensure appropriate challenge to the business as part of maintaining optimal engagement
- Engage with fellow team members in China and within the wider Global Indirect Procurement Team to keep them appraised of project progress
- Work with Legal, Internal Controls, Cyber security, Privacy, Finance and other functions within China and more broadly at Dyson locations in the UK and Singapore to ensure risk and compliance are managed within the supply base
- Work with colleagues in the Global team to ensure we deploy the best knowledge into our procurement approach
- Educate the Global team on the nuances of the market in China to ensure Global initiatives reflect China requirements
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Deliver a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed savings target
- Keep management in China and Globally appraised of issues and progress on projects
- Understand when and how to escalate issues
- Ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing / procurement rules and category planning governance
- Coach and train more junior team members
How you do it:
- Exemplify the Dyson values: Different, Authentic, Pioneering
- Exemplify the Dyson behaviours: Independence, Integrity, Transparency, Loyalty
- Bring drive, energy and pace to project activity
- Display a hunger to learn and progress
- Adopt and leverage agile ways of working
- Make time and care about personal development, keeping a live development plan
- Collaborate on a global scale, across markets, cultures and projects
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Fluent oral and written English
- 5+ year’s experience in procurement with experience of RFPs, RFIs, RFxs
- Specific experience in media and marketing procurement
- Experience of working with international teams in a global business
- Demonstrable experience of complex negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of supplier relationship management
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, challenging environment
- Good numeracy and analytical skills
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills
- Demonstrates personal energy, productivity, encouraging good resilience in others
- Demonstrate a strong team ethic but also be willing to take initiative and to assume responsibility
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges
- Commercially astute and with a strong eye for detail
- In addition to proven experience in media and marketing procurement, knowledge of general indirect procurement would be an advantage, especially retail goods and services
- Experience of e-procurement processes and systems (Ariba)
- Skilled in all sourcing process disciplines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.