- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our IT team provide modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows. The way we function is constantly evolving and becoming more digital, with an ever-increasing number of new platforms and tools available.
About the role
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing daily infrastructure checks and resolving day-to-day operational issues.
- Resolving infrastructure alerts, incidents and requests to SLA.
- Ownership of hardware and software patching.
- Providing 3rd / 4th line support of Physical/Virtual Windows Servers and HPE/Dell/Cisco datacentre equipment.
- Delivering local infrastructure projects: builds, installations and configuration to best practice.
- Monitoring and improving infrastructure performance, maintaining uptime levels.
- Working with partners and security teams to ensure services are secure and compliant.
- Assessing technical change which impacts IT Infrastructure Services and minimise risks
- Participating in DR reviews, tests and performance testing.
- Assisting with capacity planning reports and reviews of global infrastructure landscape.
- Physical lifting and shifting of hardware.
This role will be based on-site, either at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire OR our office in Bristol City Centre (College Green).
You’ll have a proven background as a skilled Infrastructure Engineer in a large, complex organisation (industry sector is flexible).
Other essential requirements include:
- Third line fault repair and vendor escalations
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019: (Bare Metal Builds / Recovery, Windows Clustering, DNS/DHCP, Active Directory)
- Microsoft key products (Hyper-V, DFSR)
- VMware: (VSphere, Horizon, Installation, configuration, maintenance, support, recovery)
- Hardware experience, including configuration of HP Servers and blades
- SAN/NAS (HP 3PAR and Nimble and Pure Storage)
- Experience working in a platform operations team
- Understanding of networking technologies (Cisco, F5, TCP/IP, LAN Addressing, Public IP routing, WAN and replication technologies)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
- MCSE qualified
- VCP qualified
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.