- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
We are currently seeking a Lead Reporting Analyst to join the Business Information team in our Global Quality & Sustainability team - itself a part of Dyson’s world-leading RDD function. The BI team are responsible for assessing the success of Dyson’s products in market and identifying the drivers of reliability and satisfaction in our technologies. Using data from a wide range of sources and business domains, we unlock valuable insights that can be fed back into the business to ensure that we continue to delight Dyson owners with innovative and ground-breaking technology.
We are looking for an authentic, energetic and pioneering individual who can think differently about business problems, and distil complex business requirements into meaningful action and tangible outputs. The individual will be a senior member of the team and will interface with people of all levels across the Dyson organisation, interpreting their questions and requirements into reports and dashboards that enlighten and inspire.
Whether it’s understanding what our customers like or dislike most about our machines, identifying emerging field issues, or evaluating the impact Dyson and it’s products has on the environment, we pride ourselves on our ability to use data to tell stories. We’re seeking an experienced data professional who can help us tell more stories with data and can define and improve our existing reporting landscape.
About the role
Based on-site 5 days a week in our Malmesbury location, with plenty of free parking
The Lead Reporting Analyst is responsible primarily for ensuring that the data requirements of the wider Quality & Sustainability team are met, through the delivery of key reports and self-serve dashboards. They are responsible for capturing and interpreting requirements, sourcing and shaping the data and then working in visualisation software to present insightful reports and content back to stakeholders.
- The role requires a candidate with excellent communication skills, sound business acumen and strong technical data skills in order to:
- Capture clear requirements direct from business stakeholders around the world
- Develop great relationships across the business by understanding their needs
- Use best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Iterate reporting solutions by design, build and test methodology
- Support and maintain existing reports, tools and dashboards
- Excellent SQL for both data manipulation and querying is a ‘must have’
- Strong experience with Data Visualization software such as Tableau, Looker, Qlik or Power BI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, happy working at all levels of the organisation, and across different geographies
- Experience working with large-scale data warehouses (ideally cloud-based)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time, and deliver results to deadlines
- Passionate about using data to tell stories and inspire others
- Confident in turning business requirements into technical data specifications (and vice versa)
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café, restaurants and free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.