- Internal Audit and Risk
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to Senior Internal Audit Manager within the global Internal Audit team, you will individually contribute in providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally; and help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the Group operates internationally and involves high levels of exposure to senior management.
The role requires previous internal audit experience, preferably within a large international company that designs, manufactures and sells products directly to the consumer.
Provide support and/or lead for effective audit delivery
- Conduct preliminary risk assessment to understand the control environment, including key risks and controls, for the areas under review. Document understanding of key processes using narratives and process flowcharts.
- Develop audit programmes / procedures to address the risks identified. Adapt the audit programmes / procedures as required during fieldwork.
- Execute audit reviews in accordance with review objectives and Internal Audit methodology.
- Test key controls for design and operating effectiveness and identify control gaps / red flags indicating fraud may have been committed.
- Develop and or conduct review of working papers that truly reflect all activities performed during the audit engagement.
- Communicate key findings, risks / impact and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to senior management and Audit Manager on a timely basis. Review key findings identified by junior team members.
- Deliver high quality draft audit reports that succinctly identify practical opportunities to improve the effectiveness of internal controls
- Track progress in addressing agreed audit actions and effectively support the timely closure of audit issues through direct liaison with senior management.
- Provide assistance and support as required by Audit Manager.
People Management & Leadership
- Manage / Supervise audit team on site to secure engagement delivery within the agreed timeline
- Manage and resolve conflicts with internal stakeholders within the areas under review
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor)
- Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity at all times
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
- Proactive and commercial approach to problem solving
- Able to develop relationships across all areas of the business internationally and to influence these stakeholders to effect change
- Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group
- Calm under pressure
- Diplomatic when presenting findings while remaining robust under challenge
- Credibility at senior management level
- Willingness to travel internationally
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.