- Internal Audit and Risk
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
Our global Internal Audit & Risk team acts as an independent trusted advisor and critical friend, adding value to, and improving the Group’s operations, performing independent reviews of the business.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
Reporting into our Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will individually contribute to providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally; and help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented. The role will give you a unique insight into how the Group operates internationally and involves high levels of exposure to senior management.
With audit engagements, you will conduct preliminary risk assessments to understand the control environment, including key risks and controls, for areas under review, and you will document your understanding of key processes, using narratives and process flowcharts. You will develop and adapt audit programmes and procedures to address risks that you’ve identified and execute audit reviews in accordance with review objectives and Internal Audit methodology.
You will test key controls for design and operating effectiveness, identifying control gaps / red flags where there is an indication that fraud has been committed. You will develop and conduct reviews of working papers that truly reflect all activities performed, communicating key findings, risks, impacts and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to management and the Audit Manager. You will deliver high-quality draft audit reports that succinctly identify practical opportunities to improve our internal controls, and track progress in addressing agreed audit actions.
You will also help to supervise the audit team on site, to secure engagement delivery within the agreed timeline, and you will manage and resolve conflicts with internal stakeholders within the areas under review.
- A qualified accountant or equivalent (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor), educated to degree level
- Previous internal audit experience, preferably within a large international company that designs, manufactures, and sells products directly to the consumer
- Excellent written and verbal English with good attention to detail
- An excellent collaborator, influencer, and relationship builder, credible with stakeholders at all levels of an international business
- Confident working autonomously, proactive, commercial, a problem-solver, driven, calm under pressure, diplomatic, robust under challenge
- A willingness to travel internationally
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.