- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Our Software team develops app integration and ensures connectivity in our machines. We’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience.
About the role
Dyson has a growing range of Internet connected products, including our robot vacuum cleaners and connected air purifiers. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about ensuring our app matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team. We are looking for an iOS Developer to join the team building this app which supports over a million machines worldwide.
You are an experienced iOS developer, with a passion for Computer Science and Software Engineering, including algorithms, design patterns, and software architecture principles. You will have been working in a team delivering software using an agile framework such as SCRUM, and you will understand how to write high-quality, unit-tested Swift code.
- Develop features for our Dyson Link app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Work with everyone in the wider team: TPOs, Scrum Masters, test engineers, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and embedded software engineers
- Work alongside and help mentor other members of the team
- Identify new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Deep knowledge of Swift and native iOS development
- Good familiarity with design patterns, including MVVM, MVI or VIPER
- Good experience of writing unit tests, including designing for testability and ideally TDD
- Experience with reactive functional programming using RxSwift
- Experience of Git Flow, continuous integration and Agile teamwork
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Central Bristol location
- Performance related bonus
- Continued development and learning
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.