- Information Technology
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems
Our Corporate Functions team
The Corporate Functions Team in which this role is aligned exists to:
- Deliver world class business partnering, product management and delivery services to Dyson’s corporate functions (encompassing Finance, Procurement, Legal, Dyson Business Services, Communications and Dyson’s Family Office (Weybourne))
- Ensure governance and standards are followed
- Partner with the Corporate Functions to define and deliver a multi year technology roadmap that transformations Corporate Function services in line with Dyson’s growth and company blueprint
Reporting to the IT Director for Finance, DBS and HR, you will be accountable for providing world class end to end business partnering capability representing to Dyson senior stakeholders within your aligned business function driving a large scale multi year transformational agenda.
The role is responsible for:
- Providing overall IT Business partnership and Product ownership (DevOps) to all aspects of Dyson’s Global People/HR function.
- End to end accountability in providing secure & sustainable IT service delivery and continuity underpinned by operational excellence to those business functions.
- Work closely with the HR/People leadership team and their wider function to drive their Digital Transformation agenda by clearly articulating and defining business needs and benefits (value realization) through well documented Business Cases and developing required IT Digital and Strategy roadmaps
- Create, own, and drive the IT Strategy for your function, partnering with the business to ensure this enables their strategic objectives. They will be accountable and responsible for maximizing the value of the related IT investment made in this area. The primary purpose is to effectively stimulate, shape, manage and realize the business demand for the IT investment in its assigned area across all regions and markets.
- With support from your IT Director, take accountability for the digital and technology transformation strategy and roadmap (build multi-year roadmaps with clear business vision and value) for the relevant HR/People applications to support their requirements and partnering closely with other IT functions to influence and deliver broader Global IT strategy within the agreed Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
- Operationally own (maturing to delivery DevSecOps) any global HR/People platforms and solutions within your aligned function and ensure we drive for exceptional IT service delivery and continuity for the business with support
- Bringing focus and mitigating critical operational risk and driving a customer centric mindset into the way the team operates with a key focus on customer satisfaction metrics and SLAs.
- Develop Business Cases which clearly articulates the Business needs (requirements, KPI’s, value realization, payback, priorities, etc.) with support from your IT Director and HR/People Leadership.
- Deliver Products in an agile manner (where applicable) on schedule and budget. Ensuring tight governance, tracking and financial discipline. Highlighting and tracking risk and issues regularly.
- Ensuring your business stakeholders (Global and Region) have clear visibility of roadmap and plans to meet their demands, working with the wider global IT teams to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured.
- Conduct Value Realization activities on a regular basis on all the solutions/products aligned to your business function(s). Reporting on progress – through regular cadence of track and monitor. Report on ROI/IRR accordingly.
- Providing Digital and technology insights into the business team on external technology trends, benchmarking, and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions of your function(s)
- Inform and influence HR/People senior leadership team so that they understand, support, and adequately fund projects that are in concert with IT goals, such as enterprise architecture and the infrastructure/application strategy. Notify the business of IT plans and changes, and their impact on business performance or plans.
- Oversee the management of service transition activities such as service introduction and service acceptance of new capabilities for platforms in scope, providing guidance to Product Managers
- Lead and conduct regular Service Reviews – ensure alignment and updates to Business groups – on status of key programs, roadmaps, benefits case, knowledge sharing, operations and more.
- Stay abreast of technology trends including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on your business functions IT services.
- Ensure that your team and third parties are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- Effectively manage global IT risks and issues associated to your business function
- Global travel to support your business function objectives when required.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
You must possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Exec level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills for different sizes and complexities. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe in a matrix managed environment.
- Minimal bachelor degree in related discipline
- Previous experience in HR/People Service Management/Business Partnering/Relationship Management role in a similar sized organisation (2 years) evidencing a clear understanding of HR/People core processes e.g. onboarding, skills management, recruiting
- Strong budget planning and management skillset – experience of managing and delivering £2-5m portfolio.
- Experience of Senior Stakeholder presentations and building of business cases and evidencing ROI
- Experience of defining a transformational agenda in a similar sized organisation, owning product roadmap and strategy across multiple and often interdependent product areas
- Agile working – capable of leading and coaching teams in Agile and Lean practices, with the ability to determine the right approach for the team to take, evaluating this throughout the lifecycle
- Ability to lead teams through the full product life cycle
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming HR/People digital landscapes within a global company
- Ability to engage and communicate with C-suite level
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to set strategic direction for IT business partnering services aligned to HR/People stakeholders.
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Applications without the need for work visa sponsorship will be highly preferred
- Knowledge/experience of the Workday HCM landscape and industry HR best practices
- Knowledge/experience of Cornerstone learning platform.
- Knowledge and experience of various time tracking capabilities
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.