- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Our IT function is growing in many of our practices, including Collaboration, Architecture, Business Analysis, Cyber Defence and Data, across our global footprint including UK, Poland, Singapore, Chicago and Greater China. The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
About the Role
Dyson has existing manufacturing facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Malaysia & the Philippines) and our manufacturing footprint and future ambition is growing at speed. The Senior IT Manager (Manufacturing Operations) leads the existing and expanding IT manufacturing operational teams based across the plant locations. The role exists to drive synergy, operational excellence and an aligned approach into the manufacturing IT operational team ensuring that the plant-based members are expertly supported and led in their protection and improvement of all the business capabilities required to facilitate Dyson production.
As the first port of call for many incoming requests, you will develop strong relationships across our line of business functions. You’ll be responsible for the management of incidents, maintenance activities and service requests within the applications portfolio. You will be working closely with SMEs and partner organisations across the Global IT function to maintain stable high performing application and infrastructure services that often rely on a complex and varied IT ecosystem
The role has the following key deliverables:
- Managing the resolution of issues by coordinating appropriate resources, serving as an escalation point for technical issues
- Reviewing business unit requests for technology and work with members of the wider Global IT team to determine recommendations on alternative system options
- Managing staff assignments and deliverables ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Participating in the development of operational plans and executes specific components of the plan as they pertain to the Dyson Manufacturing function
- Managing hardware and software upgrades and archival of data as required to ensure technology environment is current
- Ensuring continuous delivery of technical and support services through direct oversight of both staff and systems
- Ensuring all Production Technology standards and best practices are followed
- Participating in discussions regarding current and anticipated service requirements and alternative approaches
- Building strong teams that are technically competent and characterised by a high level of coordination, unity and trust
- Managing the implementation, governance and compliance of global support processes in your region/locations – including queue management and ticket handling
- Facilitating routine maintenance across the application & infrastructure portfolio
- Leading the recovery of production incidents to agreed SLAs
- Managing 3rd party providers to meet maintenance and recovery SLAs
- Collating and report operations data as required for the global operations and support practice
- Monitoring key system performance and initiate pre-emptive actions to prevent production incidents
- Ownership of Service Reviews with the providers and business areas as required
- Ensuring documentation is available, up to date and clearly communicated
- Promoting continual service improvement across the operations catalogue and application portfolio
- Monitoring trends, anticipate regional requirements, manage proactively with global support teams, and practice leadership.
- Maintaining a global Manufacturing operations risk register
- Providing SME capability as defined/agreed with practice leadership
- Managing the annual IT team OPEX and CAPEX budget
- Ensuring all project deliverables, budgets and timelines are met
You’ll need to be organised and confident, with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative. Customer focused, with the ability to articulate technical issues in business terms to partner organisations and IT leaders whilst managing stakeholder expectations. You will have an IT Service background, with experience of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, ERP, Finance, Legal, compliance and digital platforms being an advantage.
- At least 5+ years of experience leading teams and supporting IT in a manufacturing operational environment
- Solid experience of managing an IT operational team (including management of team members remotely)
- Must have ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical staff in presentations and in writing
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a fast-moving and stressful environment.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and develop creative, effective, efficient solutions
- Experience working on and managing an IT support team
- Requires experience in all facets of project planning & delivery i.e. must have excellent leadership and EQ with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct projects
- Requires excellent knowledge of technology & support environments, including cloud computing, computing hardware, software, networking, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation
- Experience of leading for IT Service in a function supporting enterprise business applications
- Ability to manage major incidents (with operational impact) in large and complex eco-systems, ensuring deadlines are met
- Understands the importance of processes, procedures and accurate documentation
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and to collate data sets to show trends and focus investment/effort in proactive support practices
- Ability to produce meaningful management information and KPI’s to enable business decisions.
- At least 3 years of experience working with process/industrial control systems, PLC/SCADA or DCS
- Knowledge of MES, ERP, CMMS, PLM or Order Mgmt. Systems
- Experience in Manufacturing IT infrastructure design
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with proven technical leadership in manufacturing systems projects
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana system will be a plus
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.