- Retail Operations
- Remote, United Kingdom
About the role
- Deliver a vision and strategy to drive transformational growth on your retailer account
- Anticipate on changes in the retail landscape, shopper behaviour or competitors and develop a 360-degree business plan to ensure future profitable growth
- Collaborate closely with other functions such as commercial, finance, operations and group functions to align your retailer plan with other departments
- Deliver sales and gross margin targets in line with budget
- Agree, update, communicate and administer all areas of the promotional planning cycle
- Deliver an accurate twelve-month rolling forecast that accounts for sales trends
- Manage a promotional budget in line with forecasts and retail activity plan
- Understand retailer profitability through the regular use of a retained margin tracker
- Align the organization to your account and negotiation objectives, with an agreed timeline of deliverables
- Achieve the highest standards of execution for the Dyson brand online and in stores in line with Selective Distribution agreement
- Maximize shopper and consumer understanding through effective category management
- Communicate retail activity plan to the field team and provide the field with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution
- Use data regularly from Salesforce to improve compliance and in store standards
- Responsibility to drive the ecommerce equation on the retailer website
- Deliver compelling, well thought through and inspiring presentations to the retailer
- Hold regular face to face meetings with retailer commercial teams
- Organise and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews between senior personnel at Dyson and retailer
- Work with internal departments to drive through agreed customer initiatives.
- Align the organisation to your account and negotiation objectives, with an agreed timeline of deliverables
- Lead a high performing and effective team
- Set stretching and measurable targets and inspire commitment from the team to achieve those goals. Provide continuous constructive feedback through regular performance reviews
- Create a work environment across a remote working team that is rewarding and enjoyable. Sharing achievements and celebrating success.
- Lead career development to maximise potential leading to the promotion of internal talent.
- Responsible for driving engagement through pulse surveys
- Lead through example and demonstrate leadership in all team meetings
- Line manage Key Account Manager/Executive and ensure they are developed to their full potential
- Influence internal and external stakeholders with impact to deliver results
- Establish and maintain effective ways of working with Field Sales, Marketing, Operations Team and other key internal stakeholders to deliver joint success in a matrix focused structure.
- Ensure Supply chain KPI’s and efficiencies are set and delivered against.
- Deliver clear, concise, motivational and influential communication through multiple mediums (spoken, email, 1:1, group, presentation)
- Play a pivotal role in networking and collaborating across the EMEA account management teams, having your voice heard and sharing best practise.
- Proven Leadership skills
- Account Management Experience of 5yrs+
- Worked with and contributed to a high performing sales team
- Has been exposed to senior level account negotiations
- Evidence of Budget control and forecasting across multiple product lines
- Level of financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills, particularly in the English language
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent team-worker with drive and enthusiasm
- Competent people manager
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.