Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our Global Operations team to advise the business on Dyson’s key commercial contracts and general commercial legal matters. You’ll form part of a dynamic, ambitious and welcoming legal team.
The Global Operations team provides Legal support in relation to Dyson’s global supplier relationships and manufacturing operations; helping to maintain effective relationships with our suppliers and ensure the right behaviours, commitments and accountability from them. We are trusted advisors who work collaboratively with the business, and we provide solution-driven, timely and high quality legal advice that supports Dyson’s continued success. Our work involves negotiating key supplier contracts across a broad range of subject matters (such as manufacturing supply, outsourcing, research and development, IT, marketing and customer experience), resolving contractual disputes, and providing strategic advice in relation to product safety matters.
About the role
* Provide expert advice on legal and contractual issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex legal issues;
* Draft, negotiate and advise on the terms of important commercial contracts with Dyson’s suppliers - including master services agreements, outsourcing arrangements, manufacturing supply agreements, & software licences;
* Support tender processes;
* Assist the business to resolve contract disputes with suppliers;
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders in Dyson’s business, procurement, and the legal teams;
* Work as part of a cross-functional team to provide commercial and contractual legal support on important projects within Dyson;
* Provide supervision and support to more junior members of the team;
* Help to deliver relevant legal training programmes;
* Management of external legal counsel and legal spend where necessary;
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in relevant areas of law and contribute to the Legal team’s sharing of know-how; and
* Help to maintain template documents and create appropriate guidance materials for the business.
* At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a commercial contracts-orientated role, obtained either in-house or in private practice;
* A solid background in contract law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a pragmatic way;
* Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiations;
* Commercial awareness and pragmatism;
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the business;
* An understanding of the role of a legal team in a large business;
* The ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision, in an exciting, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment; and
* The confidence and gravitas to contribute to discussions and to challenge decisions and actions when required.
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us