- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the role
Our Legal and IP teams protect our profit and keep us competitive by ensuring our technology stays unique for as long as possible. They work directly with our engineers who invent the technology and our commercial team who develop the messaging, to create and defend the most compelling performance claims in each market.
Reporting into the Head of our Product Litigation, Claims and Regulatory team you’ll be helping to manage Dyson’s advertising litigation with competitors around the world. You’ll be joining a dynamic, fun and collaborative team who are part of the IP & Product Strategy function of Dyson Legal, and a member of the Centre of Excellence for Product Litigation.
As Senior Legal Counsel your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing global competitor litigation and strategies.
- Managing incoming product performance advertising litigation and challenges, working with market legal teams.
- Supporting the running of the Centre of Excellence for Product Litigation.
- Contributing to legal advice on advertising claims and campaigns made in respect of new and existing Dyson products.
This role is based on-site, either at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire or at our office in central Bristol.
You’ll be a qualified Commercial Lawyer, with a minimum of 4 years PQE, in a litigation role and ideally with a product and/or advertising focus. You’ll have a solid background in commercial litigation, ideally including product/advertising litigation and experience managing litigation in other jurisdictions.
This is a varied, hands-on and unique role with interesting, global work so you’ll need to be highly commercial, dynamic, innovative and able to challenge the status quo. You’ll be advising on large, high-profile projects and campaigns involving exciting, cutting-edge technology so thinking on your feet, managing stakeholders and driving change will be key.
Other key requirements include:
- Knowledge of product/advertising-related law and regulation.
- Experience and/or interest in design and engineering, and an aptitude to learn and understand technical discussions.
- Ability to identify legal risk amongst complex technical facts and propose strategic mitigation solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to deliver legal advice and interact with stakeholders to build effective relationships.
- Good awareness of the role of a legal function in a large, global business and the ability to contribute actively to supporting the business to make informed decisions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Confidence to challenge decisions and actions, escalating to senior members of Dyson Legal as appropriate.
- Solid collaboration and team-working skills.
- Some experience in people management is preferred.
- In-house experience/exposure is an advantage but not essential.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.