- Singapore - Technology Centre
To operate as an in-house employment lawyer within an active and engaged team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success. You will be reporting to the General Counsel, APAC and the role will be based in Dyson’s office in Singapore.
About the Role
We require a lawyer to contribute towards the provision of the following legal services:
- Developing the position of the employment law function within the APAC region (including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, India) acting as a strategic business partner and adviser, building engagement with the HR leadership team and business leaders;
- Working closely with the Employment Law Centre of Excellence to ensure a joined up and collaborative approach to delivering employment law services to the region;
- Providing expert, ethical and pragmatic advice on a wide range of employee relations matters;
- Managing all formal and informal employment related claims and litigation in accordance with the Employment Law Centre of Excellence guidance and governance;
- Managing external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s panel and cost management processes;
- Proactively identifying emerging legal risk areas and working with stakeholders across Dyson Legal and the business to mitigate those risks;
- Collaborating with other members of Dyson Legal in the provision of legal services to the business, including working with colleagues globally on multi-jurisdictional projects;
- Facilitating the delivery of legal training on applicable employment/ labour laws to the business;
- Providing input and guidance to HR on (and, where necessary due to complexity or risk profile, managing and supervising HR handling of) individual employee relations issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, poor performance processes and sickness and employee absence matters;
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of precedent documents, such as contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, employment agency agreements, template legal pleadings and settlement agreements;
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of precedent documents for HR and line managers, such as disciplinary and grievance letters, redundancy and restructuring, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of employment law experience at a law firm or in-house; a combination of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will:
- Be fluent in English (verbally and in writing);
- Preferably be based in Singapore;
- Have experience of working on multi-jurisdictional matters in APAC – experience advising on employment matters in Australia would be particularly relevant (although candidates without direct experience in Australia are still encouraged to apply);
- Have experience of managing external legal counsel;
- Have a sound understanding of all aspects of APAC employment law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a commercial environment;
- Have good awareness of the role of the legal function in a global business;
- Be able to work independently in a fast paced environment;
- Have the ability and the agility to support the APAC legal team on areas outside Employment law;
- Have the ability to deal with issues outside the candidate’s experience and to learn quickly;
- Have the confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required; and
- Be a skilled communicator and with a proven record of being able to quickly build effective and trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.