- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia, Singapore - Singapore
Dyson Global Logistics is looking for an extraordinary Senior Logistics Operations Manager to join our team, reporting directly into the Head of Global Logistics. The Senior Logistics Operations Manager is a key role in the Global Logistics Organisation linking upstream GMP activities both internally and externally with the respective contract manufacturing operations to the downstream Freight and Transport and Regional Logistics functional activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of direct reports and is responsible for the overall performance of origin operations, in both a day-to-day operations setting, as well as the formal and legislative requirements that need to be adhered to.
About the role
Responsibilities of the Role
- Responsible for tactical decisions that are aligned to deliver products and services to markets & owners whilst optimizing the response to operational realities.
- Understands and applies push and pull systems, inventory control and cycle time reduction to manage working capital.
- Uses cost-to-serve analysis to identify collaborative opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates cross-functionally driving an optimized logistics agenda.
- Plans, schedules and manages short and long-term capacity planning from plan to build to ship to receipt.
- Drives strong purchase order management and applies segmentation techniques to ensure focus on critical SKUs.
- Responsible for determining and driving capacity utilization requirements to plan at a PO line level to a synchronized shipment plan.
- Ensures contract manufacturer performance, volumes and timeline goals are met by utilizing systems, tools and standard operating procedures to meet KPI service performance.
- Leverages a strong understanding of customs regulations and ensures accuracy and completeness of trade documentation for export / import.
- Responsible for shipped in-full and on-time performance for each PO line / order.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective actions for service / operational failures.
- Acts as the contract manufacturer main escalation point in resolving operational bottlenecks.
- Works with peers for the effective management and transition of goods from production to transportation that meet both service and cost objectives, whilst increasing agility.
- Is responsible for the accurate management and reporting of inventory booked for transport from the contract manufacturer at a PO line level from source.
- Works in partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for service excellence, continuous improvement and the application of innovation.
- Represents Global Logistics Operations and contributes as a workstream owner of new projects and initiatives.
- Supports Global Logistics Excellence best-practice promotion and adopts value-add practices to constantly drive business process improvement.
- Responsible for the delivery of cost management objectives to budget, including the avoidance of additional costs resulting from process failures.
Deliverables of the Role
- Build a high-performing and collaborative team culture, both internally and externally with contract manufacturing providers.
- Manages and oversees the deployment of efficient procedures and processes for effective logistics planning and execution.
- Effectively governs, manages and utilises short and long-term capacity planning efforts to deliver accurate and reliable weekly capacity and load planning.
- Ensure all contract manufactures comply with Dyson governance standards that meet visibility, service, and cost requirements.
- Oversees and manages the execution of the export security and compliance requirements.
- Ensures efficient and effective collaboration between cross functional teams and external contract manufacturing and 3pl service providers .
- Works with Logistics Excellence to understand, implement and monitor strategic initiatives that constantly strives to improve efficiencies.
- Works with contract manufacturers, indirect procurement and freight and transport teams to proactively manage outbound flow of goods, avoiding costs associated with detention & demurrage at origin.
- Monitors global standard KPIs that measure and track logistics operations performance, working in close collaboration with Dyson Logistics Performance management to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment, documents and controls logistics operations and procedures, including potential nuances.
- Ensures alignment internally and with contract manufacturers on standards and operating procedures.
- Sets SMART objectives and KPIs that capture, measure and report on the service delivery, data quality and financial performance achieved by each contract manufacturer.
Key Stakeholder Interfaces for the Role
- Head of Global Logistics
- Logistics Freight and Transport and Excellence
- Global Manufacturing and Procurement
- Indirect Procurement
About youCritical Behaviours for the Role
- Leadership: Ability to attract, lead, manage and inspire logistics talent and resources. Confidence and commitment to delivering the strategic vision and promotes the interests of the logistics organization.
- Impact and influence: Develops and maintains effective and collaborative relationships (internal & external) to facilitate change and ensure cohesion across the network. Able to promote and secure stakeholder buy-in.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts / issues in a constructive manner swiftly. Able to operate effectively and comfortably in a multi-cultural and global environment. Is able to give direction and support in a respectful and polite manner.
- Flexibility: Deals effectively with uncertainty, ambiguity and a changing environment.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage diverse teams.
- Knowledge and strong experience in logistics operations and associated regulatory requirements (including safety, security and import / export compliance law).
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills including the ability to evaluate complex issues and solutions, and the ability to articulate these in an understandable way.
- Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain, with a clarity for understanding the importance and interdependencies associated with each stage of the process — Plan, Source, Make, Deliver.
- Has a strong working knowledge of warehouse, transportation & distribution management.
- Supply chain degree is desirable.
- 10+ years' operational logistics experience in relevant industries.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.