- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Global Cyber Security department works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We use pragmatic approach to transform cyber security to enhance our business resilience to better manage potential cyber disruption. We invest new cyber security capabilities and leverage our strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats.
The Cyber Defence Team are the beating heart of Dyson’s Cyber Fusion Centre capabilities. They ensure Cyber Security incidents are managed timely and efficiently across all of our global locations.
About the role
The major focus of this role is to mature our Cyber Defence team on their day-to-day processes, ensuring 24x7 security monitoring of the Dyson global network and that the team effectively use intelligence to detect and respond to complex cyber security related incidents.
As a leader, you will develop mature strategies for incident management to allow for change and growth. In addition, this leader will also coach, mentor, motivate and strategically develop their current team of professionals and partners. You'll build strong relationships with operational teams in order to support legacy processes, as well as identify new opportunities to build world class counter measures.
This sort of operational excellence is achieved through the proactive analysis and measurement of SOC effectiveness. Your mission is to ensure the monitoring and triage of security events, mastery of the technologies and information we analyse is at a high level, whilst maintaining expert-level knowledge of detection tools and techniques, and proper escalation of incidents for immediate response, containment and recovery.You are the defenders of the Dyson network, the guardians of our secrets.
- Ensure security detection, protection, response, and recovery procedures/playbooks are up to date, maintained and followed.
- Ensure proper integration and handover of new security services within the monitoring and detection capability of the Cyber Defence Operations.
- Develop and maintain Cyber Defence Operations related policies, procedures and processes to ensure all necessary information and security data is continuously being collected, correlated and analyzed to detect potential external and internal threats to the organization.
- Develop metrics needed to communicate risk levels to the organization and articulate the value derived from the Cyber Defence Operations provided to the company.
- Manage a multi-Tier Cyber Defence Operations team including training, shift schedules performance reviews and attendance.
- Ensure continuous services improvement, set-out key security performance indicators that ensures proper service delivery and service improvements.
Alongside the above, you'll also be responsible for the following:
- Maturing our 24x7 SOC (EAST - APAC) and DFIR teams by providing operational and strategic direction to leadership on cyber defence operations while organising and negotiating the allocation of analyst resources in a hybrid structure, across time zone and global boundaries in time of Cyber crisis.
- Implement cyber resilience frameworks, SOPs and playbooks for cyber security operations and incident response, ensuring cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities are addressed promptly, and cyber security incidents are investigated to protect Dyson’s assets and reputation.
- Cultivate core relationships between internal stakeholders and external partners and other third-party entities that support Dyson to effectively handling reported security incidents.
- Working in partnership with our Global Head of Cyber Defence to contribute effectively to our Cyber Defence Governance Framework and maturity of our world class Fusion Centre.
About youWe seek applications from individuals with an exceptional track-record of building and running global Cyber Defence Operations, encompassing a range of responsibilities including manage all day to day activities within the Cyber Defence Operations to Ensure effective operation of intrusion detection and incident response.
You’ll have a track-record of managing Fusion Security Operations teams and have strong skills in managing and handling complex incidents, coordinating a large number of participants and workstreams across various broad technologies/partners.
You'll have experience of defining SOC KPI’s and be a critical thinker to see beyond face-value. You'll have a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems, knowledge of advanced threat vectors and incident response principles, networking services and protocols, an understanding of common SOC technologies (IDS, SOAR, SIEM, TIP etc.) and the desire to remain technically hand-on but also operate at a strategic level.
A customer-service and consultant mind-set is important so that there is a purposeful, proactive effort to help partners/customers discover opportunities from incident analysis, whether that be through new capability investment, or the optimisation of existing work through efficiencies, and automation.
Alongside this, you'll bring the following:
- A highly self-motivated individual with positive mindset & can-do attitude, and a strong believer of “Security as an enabler” to support business growth.
- Expert knowledge and hand-on implementation experience specific to Network & Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Cloud & Mobility Security (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CDN), Data/Database Security, etc.
- Strong understanding of IT Security Controls (FW/IPS/IDS/DDOS, NGAV/EDR/MDR, Identify Access Management, User Behavior Analytics, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM, Incident Response, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL, etc.), best practices (CIS, SANs, OWASP, CSA) and regulations (PCI DSS, GDPR, China CSL etc.).
- Expert knowledge of security tools, techniques and best practice within enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of current industry security threats, challenges and mitigation techniques
- Demonstrable experience of implementing SOC services in large organization.
- Demonstrable experience of developing strong partnerships across senior management teams within complex businesses, you'll possess the strength of character and conviction to make tough decisions when required.
- Ability to evaluate & articulate risks, develop consensus, raise awareness and provide thoughtfully considered security solutions to various key business stakeholders.
- Ability to translate and distil complex technical information across all levels of the organization as required for the audience.
- Ability to effectively develops and manages all defined communication channels and relationship management with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to lead and manage a specialist based, high performing and multicultural team.
- Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, commitment oriented.
Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.