- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the role
Reporting to the Retail Sales Director, the Senior Manager for Dyson Demo & Partners’ Stores is a key role within Korea Sales Organization, with oversight of the operations of the Dyson Demo stores as well as the Partners’ Stores and accountability for delivering the P&L and ensuring the execution of quality shopper experiences which only Dyson Demo stores uniquely provide for in off-line retail.
- Own and manage P&L for the Demo & Partner’s Demo Stores, including delivery of trading profit targets
- Partnering with Local Retail Excellence/Development Team as well as Group Retail teams, drive the store rollout programme – Business target number, store operation set-up, build quality control as well as recruit and train right talents for Experts
- Monitor and drive the daily performance of each Dyson Demo stores, ensuring all stores are aligned to the globally and locally defined standards, principles and practices.
- Continuously gather feedback and data from all stores and work with Demo Store Manager, forward planning to ensure all activities are thought through. Build an understanding of the practical realities of business decisions, always seeking ways to improve upon these.
- Build an annual and monthly activity calendar for delivery of the shopper experience that enable to deliver traffic and sell-out to achieve the business target
- Set up clear evaluation measurement standards and criteria for Experts in Dyson Demo Stores
- Work closely with the Global Dyson Demo & APAC Retail teams to ensure understanding and tailoring of best practice and implementation of global standards
- Establish strong and open dialogue with the Retail Excellence team - ensure the right input shared with the respective teams and get right supports according to every monthly activity and programs for each Demo Stores.
- Minimum 8 years and up to 10 years of experiences in directly managing P&L for off-line Retail stores including such Trading Profit & Overheads. Experience in leading either direct or affiliate new store opening is plus
- Management of a multi-site retail operation
- Breadth of skills required to run a retail operation, covering multiple disciplines (e.g. operations, marketing, property and people)
- Ability to establish strategic planning to deliver a long-term trajectory for the retail stores and identify right growth drivers to achieve in both short & long-term business targets
- Passion for Retail and delivering owner experiences that delight
- Be Shopper champion – capable of understanding shopper insight, identifying relevant shopper journey and going the extra mile to deliver a unique experience only for Dyson Demo Stores – Managing relevant KPIs such as NPS and Mystery Shopping Targets
- Strong negotiation skill to strategically manage affiliate partners to grow their business in line with Dyson’s business directions & brand’s guideline
- Strong influencing and collaborating skills - acts as an interface between Global as well as multiple cross-functions in market
- Identify problems and their root causes, with the ability to provide to deliver reliable long-term solutions
- Set the clear roadmap on how to motivate and engage individuals in a dynamic and challenging retail environment
- High level of attention to detail
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.